Camping Trip Gone Wrong

Henry Pov

"Who's ready to go!," Charles said.

"Me!/Not me."

We all looked over to Rupert who looks grumpy as always.

"Seriously, Rupert."

"Why are you coming again?," Ellie said.

"Because Dave will be there and I don't want him to get in any dangers," Rupert said.

"I can handle myself, Rupert," Dave said.

"Can we just go on the trip?," Ben said.

Stella barked as she jumps up and down as I laughed. "Yeah, let's go before Stella attacks one of us."

"Cough, cough, Rupert," Ellie said.

"Oh, fuck you," Rupert said.

We all have a roar of laughter as the six of us including our dog got in the large jeep. Things has been relatively quiet for a while and nothing bad happened for few months now.

So, what did we do? We decided to go on a road trip. To the mountains to be specific. Dave recommend it, or at least a mountain park. So, we packed our stuff and headed off.

Ben drove the the jeep while the rest of us were chilling out. We arrived at our first destination and Charles pulled my arm when he spotted a mountain coaster. Everyone else was interested and Charles was waiting for my answer, so I agreed.

"Woo! This is fun," Ellie said.

"Ha, I'm the lead, bitch," Ben said.

"Ugh, of course," Rupert said.

It was a smooth and fast ride. It was an one person sitter and everyone got their own ride while riding down the mountain. Everyone was having fun until I noticed something in the distance.

I couldn't see what was that before Charles called me and I finished the ride.

"That was fun, let's do it again," Ben said.

"I think I'll sit this one out," Dave said, adjusting his arm.

I was still thinking about when Charles touch my arm. "Hey, you're okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry Charlie. I just thought I saw something or maybe someone, but I don't know."

"It's probably nothing," Rupert said.

"Anyways, wanna go grabbed something to eat," Ben said.

"Yeah, let's do it," Ellie said.

We all walked down the stone path while I took the leach from Charles and pat Stella's head. But I still have a weird feeling about what I saw.

"Cheers to vacation!," Ellie said.

"Cheers!"

"I can't believe they let your dog in," Rupert said.

"Well, they said as long Stella doesn't cause any trouble," Charles said.

While Rupert and Charles were talking, I was sipping my soda when I saw it again. This time I can really see it. But I can only make out someone with blonde hair and the other with headphones.

"Henry?" I turned back to Charles while he looked worried. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, never better."

"But, you spaced out again."

"Sorry, my bad."

Ben was eating his fries when Ellie snatch one out of Ben's hand.

"Hey, what the heck!?"

"Sorry Ben. Your fries are really good."

"You have your own."

"But, yours are better."

Ellie took an another and stuffed one in her mouth. Just then, Rupert took one of Ben's fries and ate it.

"Yeah, Rose is right. His fries is better," Rupert smirked.

I took one while Charles and Dave got one too while Ben left offended for his lack of fries as we all laughed.

"Get your own fries, you idiots!?," Ben said.

Stella barked as we calmed down for the night.

"By the way, where should we set up camp?," Charles said.

"Oh! I know the perfect place," Dave chimed.

"Alright, we'll follow you then."

We quickly pay for the bill and left for the spot that Dave was talking about.

"Wow, this spot is not bad," I said.

"Yeah, it actually looks magical," Ben said.

"I know, right. Me and Rupert camped here last time we went on vacation," Dave said.

"I just wished we kept this place to ourselves," Rupert said.

"Don't be so negative," Charles said.

Charles passed out the sticks, then sat right next to me as I pull him close.

"Who wants marshmallows," Ellie said.

Ellie tossed me one and gave one the everyone else as we started roasting our marshmallows. Stella was napping right next to me as it got more dark.

"Hey, what's should we do for tomorrow?," Ellie said.

"Probably sleep in," I said.

"Really Henry?"

"Actually, it's not that bad," Charles said.

"Hey, by the way. How was your honeymoon?," Ben said.

"Pretty good, we spend a two day at the Bahamas, then went to France for a couple days."

"Cool, any interesting that happened?," Ellie said.

"No, I don't think so?," I said.

Stella slowly wakes up as I took my marshmallow off of my stick and gave it to her.

"Eat up, Star."

Stella barked for more as Charles chuckled and toss one into Stella's mouth.

"Great, now you two don't have any marshmallows," Rupert said.

"We still have more just give us more," Charles said.

I chuckled as we soon wrap up the night and got in our tents. Saying goodnight to each other. Me, Charles, and Stella shared the tent while the other slept in the other tent.

I don't know how many hours went by when I felt a faint glow on our tent, then got to my face. Charles was still asleep while Stella was peacefully sleeping on me.

I slowly got up as I went outside of my tent. The glow was coming from further down the path as I took out my phone and turned on my flashlight and went down.

Maybe, I should have told someone, but it was already too late. The glow kept getting bigger and bigger as I kept walking. Soon, I noticed the glow disappeared as I got confused.

"Henry!?" I saw Charles and the others coming towards me, with their phones in their hands.
"What are you doing?"

"I just-"

*Explosion*

"What was th-," Rupert said.

A huge hole appeared under us as we all fell down the deep hole before everything turned dark.

Part two will come tomorrow.