Shimmering Night

Even know this is my idea, I still have shared credit for this beautiful inspiration. Emu1234567

Henry Pov

"Mi amor, I love you so much that I will gifted any treasures in the world, just so you can shine brighter~"

"W-what!?," Charles said.

I always love messing with Charlie in any way possible. We might be dating but we are still enemies and as the toppat chief I can't let my guard down.

"D-don't says anything like that," he said, covering his face.

"Ha, but that's the truth." I kissed his hand as he grew redder like a firefly.

Snow came floating down as the night got cold. The stars were already out as small sparkles glimmers in the sky.

"Ugh, it's a getting cold," I said.

"Well, you're wearing a warm coat than me. So, how about you stop complaining."

"You're not being nice, Charlie. It's almost Christmas."

"Oh, I know I'm on the nice list, you sir are a different story."

"Oh, I don't mind being on the naughty list." I chuckled to myself while Charles looked annoyed. "A caring angel like you ended up falling for a devious devil like me~"

Charles flustered at my words and blooms red as he walked away. I had a sly grin on my face as I turned away for just a minute before receiving a snowball at my head.

Charles had the biggest grin at his face as he throw the snowball up and down in his hand.

"How does it feels getting a snowball in the face."

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me." I throw the snowball straight at his face while the snowball he was holding fell on to the ground.

"This is war," he said.

"Bring it."

I quickly made my snowball as Charles did the same and we went full force in the snow war. More like a Snow Warfare. Soon, it ended as a draw as I catches my breath while Charles was on the ground.

"A-alright, let's.... Call it as a draw."

"Y-yeah, good idea," he said, getting up.

Charles got up and walked over to me. I wrapped my arms around him and we were about to kiss until-

*Baam!

A snowball right in my face while Charles was laughing his head off.

"Ha, ha. Very funny."

"Oh, it is." He kept laughing until I launched at him and we fell on the snow. "Ouch! Really Henry."

"I should be the one who's talking."

I kissed him before getting off of him. I helped him up despite being mad at him.

"What? Not going to carry me," Charles teasing me.

I rolled my eyes as I picked up Charles as he relaxed in my arms.

"So, let me get this straight. You hated when I carried you in the forest but now you love it."

"I'm a complicated man."

I signed as I stared out in the night sky. A light show was happening, a big one actually, and it stopped snowing.

"I didn't expect to see the northern lights."

"Well, Charles. There are a lot of surprises in this world."

I spotted a nearby oak tree and we sat over there while we watched the amazing light show. I bet Ellie is jealous since she always love to see the northern lights.

Charles rested his head on my shoulder as I pulled him close but he doesn't mind, he actually cuddled up to me. I checked in my pocket for my gift for Charlie. He already gifted me a small plushie of magical penguin from Disney out of all the places but I'm not complaining.

It actually quite comfy. But I wanna step up with a better gift.

"Hey Charles. You know it's Christmas Eve."

"Yeah? I put his gift on his lap as he sit up.

"Merry Christmas, Charlie."

Charles opened his gift and immediately turns red when he saw a rare diamond ring.

"Relaxed, it isn't a proposal." I would have rather proposed with an emerald ring to match your eyes.

"Oh.... Thank god. No offenses."

"None taken." I gently put the ring on his finger and put his hand down. "You know this diamond is rare."

"What makes this diamond rare? Other than the weird sparkles all over this gem."

"Well." I summoned the same diamond and hold it directly at the lights and the gem started glowing the same colors as the northern lights.

"I found this baby in a meteor that my clan captured. There were a lots of them, so everyone got one. We decided to call them space diamonds."

"Wow." Charles looked amazed as he touched the gem. I moved him on my lap as he smiled bright. I smile too as I hold him tight.

"Thank you, Henry."

"You're welcome."

*Bonus Scene*

Charles peacefully fell asleep on me as the show ended. I tried waking him up but he was fast asleep, so I have no choices, but to bring him back on the orbital station.

It felt awkward seeing Charles sleeping in the same bed with me. I couldn't help blushing by the site of him. I brushed the side of his face as he form a soft smile as I bloom more red.

Suddenly, Charles ended up hugging me, cutting me off guard as I turned off the light and laid back down.

A miracle is sure something~

Merry Christmas everybody and happy new year. 🥰