11) Peter's back

Luna had gone to the Hale House deciding to skip the game tonight and she saw Erica and Boyd.

You decided" Derek said and turned around. "When" Derek asked. "Tonight" Erica said. "Everyone's gonna be at the game we figured it was the best time" Boyd said.

"It's not like we want to" Erica said. "Really because it sure seems like you do" Luna said.

"What do you want" Derek asked. "Since I just turned 16 a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license I can't do that if I'm dead you know" Erica said.

"Well, I told you there was a price" Derek said. "Yeah, but you didn't say it would be like this" Boyd said.

"What did you think it would be like rainbows and pretty pony's" Luna asked.

"Yeah, but I told you how to survive you do it as a pack and you're not a pack without an alpha" Derek said. "We know" Boyd said.

"You wanna look for another pack, how are you even gonna find one" Derek asked. "We think we already did" Boyd said.

>>>

"Like all of a sudden we heard all this howling it was unbelievable" Erica said. "There must have been a dozen of them" Boyd said. "Maybe more" Erica said.

"Or it could have been a trick" Luna said. "You know what the Beau Geste effect is" Derek asked.

"If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone 2 wolves can sound like 20" Derek said. "Look that doesn't matter okay there's another pack out there there's got to be we've made up our minds" Erica said.

"Yeah, we lost Derek and it's over we're leaving" Boyd said.

"No, no you're running and once you start you don't stop, you'll always be running" Derek said and Boyd and Erica left as Derek and Luna turned around.

All of a sudden Derek saw Peter and threw a glass at him turning around causing Luna to turn around as well.

"I expected a slighter warmer welcome, but point taken" Peter said. "Oh, great it's Psycho Hale" Luna said. "And here I thought I never see that beautiful face again" Peter said to Luna.

"Oh, great the flirting is back" Luna said. "Of course, I mean have you seen yourself" Peter asked.

>>>

"It's quite a situation you've got yourself in here Derek I mean I'm out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly there's lizard people geriatric psychopaths and you're cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteem deprived adolescent in town" Peter said. "What do you want" Derek asked.

"Well, I want to help you're my nephew the only relative that I have left you know there's still a lot that I can teach you" Peter said.

"Can we just talk" Peter asked. "Sure, let's talk" Derek said and threw Peter across the room. "Huh figured I be the one doing that" Luna said.

>>>

Derek tossed Peter on the ground. "You don't actually, actually think that I want to be the alpha again do you" Peter asked. "That wasn't my finest performance considering it ended in my death" Peter said.

"You think" Luna asked. "I mean I'm usually more" Peter said.

Derek gone to hit him when Peter stopped him. "Okay go ahead come on do it hit me, hit me" Peter said and Derek stopped.

"Come on I was enjoying watching you hit him" Luna said.

"I can see that it's cathartic for you you're letting go of all the anger self-loathing and hatred that comes with total and complete failure I may be the one taking the beating Derek, but you've already been beaten so go ahead hit me if it will make you feel better after all I did say that I wanted to help" Peter said.

"You can't help me" Derek said going in the other room with Luna.

>>>

Luna sat next to Derek as Peter sat by himself. "See prime example right here I'm not healing as fast coming back from the dead isn't easy you know I'm not as strong as I used to be I need a pack an alpha like you I need you as much as you need me" Peter said.

I don't remember saying we needed you" Luna said.

"Why would I want help from a total psycho" Derek asked. "First of all, I'm not a total psycho and by the way you're the one that slashed my throat wide open, but we're all works in progress right" Peter said.

"Hello, cause you tried to kill everyone" Luna said. "Anyways moving past that we need each other" Peter said.

"You wish" Luna said. "Sometimes when you need help you turn to people, you'd never expect" Peter said.

>>>

"You tried to build your pack you tried to prepare for the worst you weren't ready because of it, Gerard is winning he's taking his time he's toying with Scott he's going after your wolves one by one he's relishing in his victory" Peter said.

"How about you tell me something I don't know" Derek said.

"Oh, I'm going to and it's gonna prove why you should trust me why you need to trust me because I'm going to tell you how to stop Jackson" Peter said.

"What do you mean how to kill him" Derek asked. "Actually, how to save him" Peter said.

>>>

"There's a myth that you can cure a werewolf simply by calling out his Christian name" Peter said.

"It's just a myth" Derek said. "Sometimes myths and legends bear a hint of a truth our name is a symbol of who we are the Kanima has no identity that's why it doesn't seek a pack" Peter said. "It seeks a master" Derek said.

"And who else grows up with no pack no identity" Peter asked. "An orphan" Derek said.

"Like Jackson and right now his identity is disappearing beneath a reptilian skin, and you need to bring him back" Peter asked.

"How" Derek asked. "Through his heart how else" Peter said. "You know in case you hadn't noticed Jackson doesn't really have too much of a heart to begin with" Derek said.

"That's not actually entirely true there is one person who managed to sneak their way in his cold dead heart" Luna said. "Lydia" Luna said after a moment of silence.

"Your best ally has always been, anger Derek but what you lack most is a heart" Peter said.

"That's why you've always known that you need Scott more than anyone and even somebody as burned and dead on the inside as me knows better than to underestimate the simple, yet undeniable power of human love" Peter said.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.