21) the message

Argent and Derek were still in the jail center while Stiles recently had escaped from Eichen house and Luna got a call from Noah asking for her help.

Luna made her way to the station where she discovered Derek recently just got out of.

Luna walked in the sheriff's station standing next to Derek. "Have fun" Luna asked and Derek looked at her. "Shut up" Derek said and Luna laughed.

"What are you doing here" Derek asked Luna. "Sheriff called" Luna said shrugging.

"Sorry but I can't let you walk out with this it's way above the legal voltage limit" Deputy Parrish said. "I only use it for hunting" Argent said and Derek along with Luna gave him a look.

"Yeah well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump start a 747" Parrish said.

"This property belongs to me, and the charges were dropped although I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that" Argent said.

"I am I'll take care of this Parrish" Noah said. "Sheriff I'm not kidding this thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber" Parrish said and Noah took it. "I said I'll take care of it" Noah said.

>>>

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit we can't say for sure and then I spoke with Melissa" Noah said.

"These are brain scans my wife's and Stiles" Noah said showing the brain scans. Argent took the scans looking at it with Derek and Luna.

"I knew they were similar but those are the same exactly the same" Noah said.

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible" Derek said. "Not even remotely" Noah said. "So, the trickster is still playing tricks" Argent said.

"Lovely just what we need" Luna said sarcastically. "But why this trick" Derek asked.

"When I was in the Army an officer told me if you want to defeat your enemy you don't take away their courage you take away their hope" Noah said.

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily" Argent said.

"But Stiles might if this thing inside him if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick then this isn't just a fight for his body it's also a fight for his mind right" Noah said.

"You know he's left people severely injured" Argent said. "And others severely dead" Derek added.

"That's why I need the three of you I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing I need you to help me stop him" Noah said.

"And by stop him you mean trap him" Argent said. Noah nodded and gave Argent his weapon back. "Well let's teach this nogistune whose boss" Luna said.

>>>

"This is everything non-lethal I could find" Allison said as Noah, Derek, Luna, and Argent walked in. "Take all of it" Argent said. 

"What's the plan here" Noah asked. "Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles's scent at Eichen House especially if he went through something stressful there" Argent said.

"And maybe I can use my magic to track him down" Luna said.

"Should all four of us be going to the same place" Noah asked. "Where else has Stiles been showing up" Argent asked.

"School, the hospital" Allison said. "Okay hold on we did this already he disappeared we started looking for him then walked right into a trap at the hospital" Derek said.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves" Luna said. 

"So, what do we do wait for him to come to us" Allison asked. "We can't not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down" Derek said.

"Scott's working on them right now with Kira" Noah said. "That's the problem we're all trying to outfox the fox" Argent said.

"Listen I'll understand if anyone wants to back out" Noah said.

"Us Martinez witches aren't known to give up and I don't plan to break that" Luna said after a moment of silence. "I'm not going to be the first wolf to run from a fox" Derek said grabbing a weapon and putting it in a bag.

"Apparently I'm carrying the lightsaber" Argent said. "Dad, you, Luna, and Derek hit Eichen House Sheriff it's you and me at the hospital we all meet in the school" Allison said. 

"Okay who put her in charge" Luna asked and Allison quickly left with Noah.

Derek and Luna went to leave when they noticed Argent packed a gun. "Making sure you have a few lethal options just in case" Derek asked. "I like to prepare for the worst" Argent said.

>>>

Derek, Luna, and Argent have met up with Noah and Allison at his place in Stiles's room after seeing Stiles on the camera and seeing a chess board.

"What is all this" Argent asked. "What are all these sticky notes for" Argent asked again. "This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you" Noah said.

"Chess really he used chess well could've been worse I guess" Luna said. "Well maybe it's a message from Stiles the real Stiles" Allison said.

"You think there's any reason my name's, on the king" Derek asked.

"Well, you're heavily guarded though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate" Noah said.

"It's not a message from Stiles It's a threat from the nogitsune" Argent said. "He's at the loft that's what he's trying to tell us" Allison said. "And he wants us to come there" Argent said.

"Night's falling" Derek said. "It's a trap why else would he want us to know he's at the loft" Luna said. "I don't think it is" Noah said.

"I think your opinion might be slightly biased Sheriff" Argent said.

"Hear me out what we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive no rhyme no reason right" Noah said.

"Meaning what" Argent asked. "Our enemy is not a killer it's a trickster the killing is just a byproduct" Noah said.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that" Derek said.

"It won't it wants irony it wants to play a trick it wants a joke all we need to do is come up with a new punch line" Noah said. "The sun is setting Sheriff" Argent said. "What do you have in mind" Argent asked.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.