18) checking in

Luna was eating takeout that night while watching TV when she decided to call Derek.

"Luna" Derek said once he answered the phone. "What a surprise usually I'm the one who calls" Derek said.

"Thought I'd switch it up figured I check in on you this time" Luna said throwing her trash away. "Well, you any closer to leaving town" Derek asked.

"You wish" Luna said. "Come on I had to try" Derek said.

"Yeah, I know" Luna said. "Are you at least staying safe" Derek asked. "You want me to lie" Luna asked. "Never mind" Derek said and Luna laughed.

>>>

"Is it getting lonely there" Derek asked as Luna was still on the phone with him. "It's been lonely since Peter went to Eichen" Luna said.

"Should I visit" Derek asked. "No don't I'll be okay" Luna said. "Luna" Derek said.

"Derek I'm older than you and I'm telling you I'll be okay I always am" Luna said. "I just worry about you" Derek said. "You don't have to worry about me" Luna said.

"Luna, you died for me and then you sacrificed yourself for Lydia who's to say that won't happen again I'm always going to worry" Derek said.

"Okay I get that, but I can handle myself I'm a witch a Martienz" Luna said.

"Who's setting to sacrifice herself if anything is to happen to her connection" Derek said.

"I already fulfilled that" Luna said. "You and I both know that's not true we know that and as long as your still alive you will always sacrifice your life for me or Lydia and that your destiny can happen more than once" Derek said and Luna sighed.

"Derek" Luna said sighing. "Why do you think I left town and went somewhere where I knew it was safe" Derek asked.

"It was because I knew you'd be okay you wouldn't have to die for me again" Derek said. "Derek if I was going to die again, I would've dreamt it" Luna said.

"Still like you told me once you're a Martienz it's your destiny you can't help it" Derek said.

"Well, you don't need to worry about that let me worry about it it's my burden not yours I'm the one who protects you you're my connection I'm not yours" Luna said.

"I know but Luna I'm always going to protect you no matter what you say you're my friend my best friend Luna" Derek said.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.