Tease

• December 18th •

I woke up the next day to Tatiana asking if we could go shopping for our dresses at noon. I agreed and told her to give me a chance to get ready.

She knocked on my door when she was done getting ready and we headed out on the transit buses together. I was feeling groggy from last night's antics and as much as I wanted to listen to Tatiana speaking, I tuned her out with my music playing through my airpods at full volume. I didn't have the energy to pretend to care about how cute she thought a bunch of guys were.

"Cousin, are you listening?" She said loud enough for me to hear. Irritation rose in me at the fact that she never just says my name. I'm convinced she doesn't fucking know it.

"Yeah." I lied.

We walked to the mall in hopes of finding some sort of clothing store that sells dresses. We landed on a small dress shop called Lucy Ann's and walked inside to try to scope out the clothes.

"This would be so cute on you!" Tatiana exclaimed as she picked up a bright yellow puffy dress.

She's obviously trying to set me up for failure. I simply smiled and shook my head in an attempt to be nice about it.

Tati was the first to try on a few dresses. She looked good in most of them but each time she'd decline my compliments and rate them below a 7. It took an entire hour before she landed on a strapless white dress that stopped just above her knees.

Finally, it was my turn to try on dresses. I tried on maybe 3 before I decided to purchase a dark green spaghetti strap dress with a sexy slit on one side. The dress accentuated my curves perfectly and somehow made my B cups look like Cs. I loved how I looked in this dress.

"Mm," Tatiana looked me up and down when I came out. "I don't know. I think you should get the last one."

Too bad the last dress made me look like a nun. I ignored her comment and politely decided on buying the one I had on. I checked myself out in the mirror in front of me. I won't lie, it gave me a slight surge of cockiness.

"You look absolutely stunning!" An unfamiliar voice said behind us. Two girls walked up to Tatiana and I, who were still in our party dresses. It was my friend Dani and then another girl I'd never seen before.

Dani was a curly haired, caramel skin toned girl with probably some of the prettiest features I've seen on a person. She was breathtakingly gorgeous. The other girl was a pale redhead with blue eyes. Equally as beautiful if I do say so myself.

Where do people who look like this come from?

"Thank you." Tatiana and I said simultaneously.

"Angie, you fucking play girl, I didn't know you were in town yet!"

She walked over and hugged me. I'd missed Dani a lot. She was someone who made coming to Highland so fun for me. Her, Conrad, and I were like the three musketeers.

"I thought you'd text me when you got here, silly." I hugged her back and squeezed her. She giggled in my grasp.

"Are you guys buying dresses for the party?" The redhead questioned.

"What party?" Tatiana asked immediately, obviously interested by her face.

"There's a party tonight," Dani's eyes lit up. "I'm throwing it."

"I was planning on just telling you at the last second and making you get ready." I turned to Tatiana.

That was a lie. I just completely forgot to mention it to her. Thank god she believed me right now. I'm usually a terrible liar.