Heartbreak

• June 19th •

• Angelina's POV •

It's the worst day of my life.

Sadie's leaving back to her home town!

The pain!

I can't take it!

Though her and Dani stay in the neighboring town and it would only be a 2 hour drive from us to her, I would miss her dearly seeing as I couldn't see her every other day anymore.

Dani picked me up and we went to the Airbnb to see her off before she left. When we pulled up she was packing up her car.

Dani and I hopped out of the car as soon as it was in park and ran to hug our friend. I hugged her first and she held me there for a while, knowing this would probably be our last time seeing each other for a while.

"Talk to Jeremiah." She whispered before letting me go.

"Talk to Dani." I whispered back.

I backed away as Dani approached her best friend. They didn't hug at first, they just took each other in with sad expressions.

Could they be more obvious?

"I'll miss you." Dani said to Sadie.

"I'll be back for your deb." Sadie assured her. "I can't wait to see it."

The tension begins to thicken between them and I take their distracted state as an opportunity to escape. I walked back to the car and sat inside but peered out at them through the window because I'm still a little nosy.

They continued talking and hugged before Dani found her way back to the car.

"Fuck, I don't want her to go." She complained as she began driving.

"I know she doesn't want to either." I comforted her.

"Am I dumb for having a crush on her?" She asked, still focusing on the road.

"Not at all, Dan."

I know what a stupid crush looks like and this was not that.

~

Jere and I have been... okay since the beach. We weren't having full on conversations, but there were brief hi's and hello's. He was polite but wasn't too overbearing and I liked it a lot better than us fighting all the time.

I was currently watching the After trilogy with Steven (his idea) when the doorbell rung. I'd had my fill of Hardin and Tessa being literally the worst couple ever so I stood off the couch and walked to the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked once I saw who was behind it.

"Hi, Cousin." Tatiana smiled at me.

"Hey," I greeted her, confusion still written on my face. "Uhm.. do you wanna come in?"

"Yeah, I need to talk to you about something."

I walked her to the dining table after informing Steven of what I was doing. Of course he pouted, but he soon let it go once he saw I wasn't lying to get out of watching that terrible movie. We sat and I fiddled with my fingers nervously. Tatiana and I have never had a conversation that wasn't forced upon us and we hadn't talked since Highland.

"So what is it you need to talk to me about?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize to you for how I've acted in the past. I realize now that I've been unnecessarily cruel to you and I hate that I never allowed myself to get close to you. You've always been kind to me, even through my snobbery."