Surprise

• August 15th •

I was having another performance for my ballet program in one of the nicest performance halls in New York. I stood backstage petrified over my upcoming performance. Unlike the talent show in Cousins, this time I was showcasing my talent in front of over a thousand people including choreographers and ballet scouts who may be interested in me.

I was hoping that after this I'd be able to use the tape from tonight to get into the ballet program at the University of Utah. The man who scouted me in Cousins, Warren Field, told me that this night I had to make it count. He was honest and said that I would likely get in, but to keep my options open to other schools just in case.

So I had to kill this routine tonight.

I did a few breathing exercises to get it under control and waited for the announcer to introduce me to the crowd.

"Lastly, we have Angelina Hudson!" He said as the music started.

This routine was one I'd been working on for months by myself. It was completely tailored to my strengths and talents. Every move was crafted by me, making it a completely original piece.

I allowed my body to do what it does best and completely let go of my surroundings. It felt like I could actually breathe again.

This is what I'm meant to do for the rest of my life.

I finished with an ending move as the music ended gracefully. I looked out at the crowd and met eyes with my mother whose seat I'd picked myself, making sure she had a front row view. What I didn't expect was to see who was beside her.

Jeremiah!

He was clapping for me and I saw the flowers he had in his hand waiting for me. I couldn't believe he got me flowers. I couldn't believe he showed up.

I walked offstage and being the ending act, the announcer thanked everyone for coming and allowed all of us to leave. I walked from the backstage to the hallway where my mom was waiting for me already.

"I am so proud of you!" She exclaimed in a hug. "You did amazing."

"Thank you, Momma." I told her with a huge smile.

"I'll give you two some space," my mom said eyeing my gorgeous boyfriend. "You wanna ride with him to the house?"

I nodded and she squeezed my shoulder before walking off. His arms were wrapped around me tightly before I could even get a good look at him.

"Baby, I'm so proud of you!" He lifted me up off the ground. "I missed you so much."

"I've missed you more." I said as he put me back on the ground.

It'd only been two weeks and we'd been talking nonstop every single day since I left, but I missed him physically. It felt so nice to be able to touch him again.

He leaned down and kissed me, something I'd been craving for what felt like forever. Our lips melted onto each others and my whole body ignited in flames.

"You were amazing tonight, baby." He said when we separated.

"Thank you." I looked down as heat shot through my face.