Talk

• Jeremiah's POV •

I watched Angelina get into Conrad's car as Belly hopped into mine. I wish it was Angelina riding with me so that I could at least get some time with her alone. Even if we were silent the entire time.

I missed her like crazy.

I was still angry at her for not remembering when I poured my heart out to her, but I was ready to talk about it. She deserved an explanation and I was finally ready to give it to her.

I noticed that she was barely leaving her room if not for dance practice. Each day I wanted to knock on her door and fix things, but my pride wouldn't let me. It took her giving me back the necklace to realize that I didn't give a fuck about my pride. All I wanted was for us to be good again.

Conrad told me at the party that she was thinking about leaving meaning I had a limited amount of time to make things right. It wasn't supposed to be Belly in this car, it was supposed to be Angel. All these years Belly always chose to go with Conrad and this is the one time she doesn't?

My thoughts were interrupted by Belly apologizing for her actions.

"I'm sorry about earlier, with the tournament." She said. "I- I just get into my super competitive zone and.. are you mad?"

"No, no, it's all good," I assured her. "Conrad's the better player anyway."

"So, I heard he may be taking you to the ball." I said just to keep the conversation going. I hated when things got quiet.

"Who told you that?" She asked.

"My mom." I answered.

"Well, he's not." She said with a hint of bitterness. "I still don't have a date."

I never understood why she didn't just ask Cam Cameron. He would've been the perfect choice for her.

"Can you pull over?" She asked abruptly.

Figuring there was something wrong, I pulled onto the side of the road. She took her seatbelt off and turned to me.

"Thank you for coming to get me." She said.

"Belly, I'll always come and get you."

And I meant it. Belly's always meant so much to me. She was one of few people who could take my mind off Angel. And, yes, I used to have a crush on her way back when, but it's always been Angel. I couldn't deny it then and I can't deny it now. No matter what it is I tell people aloud.

"Can you hear that?" She asked.

I listened for a sound and got nothing, but the air conditioning blowing on us.

"Hear what?" I asked.

"My hearts pounding." She answered.

Is she having a heart attack or something?

She picked up my hand and laid it on her chest. I was confused, but Belly's always been a little weird. I let her keep my hand there figuring she had some science fact that she'd heard from Conrad or something. She repeats everything he says.

That was until she leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and she quickly sat back in her seat, obviously embarrassed over the rejection. We sat in an awkward silence for a while before I realized I had to say something.

"I'm sorry," I uttered. "It shouldn't have even happened the first time."

She let go of a breath. "Because of Angelina, right?"

"For months I haven't been able to stop thinking about her," I began. "It's even worse now that I've fucked everything up. I mean her face when she saw us kissing.. I didn't think she cared and now that I know she might... I just- I don't wanna keep fucking up what we have."