I Hate You

• Steven's POV •

I overheard Jeremiah and Angelina's fight outside. I somehow always end up a fly on the wall to their many arguments. I was tired of them making up just to fight again and wanted to see if there was anything Dani and I could do, so I texted her.

Me: hey creature

Daniii: wat do u need doofus

Me: it happened again

Daniii: I'm tired of them. all they do is makeup just to fight again

That's exactly what I said!

Me: me too
Me: wat do we do?

Daniii: I might have a little idea

Me: are u gna share it??

Daniii: theres a deb rehearsal tm

Me: I'm aware 🙄

Daniii: STOP ROLLING UR EYES AT ME

Me: 🙄
Me: 🙄
Me: 🙄

Daniii: 🖕🏼
Daniii: 🖕🏼
Daniii: 🖕🏼

Me: FOCUS

Daniii: alr grandpa get Jeremiah to the rehearsal tm

Me: how? also her escort is luka. won't that be a problem?

Daniii: I'll handle that just get him there

Me: fine

• July 5th •

• Angelina's POV •

I was currently practicing the waltz by myself. Luka couldn't make it to this rehearsal because somehow his tires got slashed so I was all alone. I saw that Belly was alone as well, but refrained from asking her to dance because of yesterday.

She tried to talk to me at breakfast this morning, but I took my food and ate in the backyard alone. I didn't want to hear anything that came from her mouth, now knowing that her niceness toward me in the beginning was completely fake and that I quote "make her miserable".

We both looked stupid on opposite ends of the room, dateless and dancing alone. But I had far too much pride to walk over there.

"He told me he doesn't do deb balls!" A brunette beside me complained and I looked in the direction she was turned to only to see Jeremiah dancing with Belly.

They both had big goofy grins on their faces.

"I asked him to escort me twice!" Another girl jumped in.

Of course he's here dancing with her. No doubt he saw me alone and still chose her. He'll always choose her.

The more the days went on the more I started to regret even coming here. I'd obviously intruded on their stupid little romance story. Clearly I was only meant to be a girl that Jeremiah knocks out before he gets the girl he truly wants.

I watched in envy until Dani grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to the dance floor.

"What are you doing?" I looked over to see Lillian waiting on the sidelines with the other girls who hadn't had dates and were too embarrassed to dance alone like Belly and I.

"I know you're jealous." She said.

"I'm not," I denied. "I hate him."

As he twirled Belly around, he looked in my direction and we made eye contact. My heart was already heavy from all the events that had occurred in such a short time. I was tired, my heart was tired.