Brunch

• July 20th •

• Angelina's POV •

I woke up in a bright and chipper mood this morning, despite my conversation with my dad. Jeremiah and I had talked all night to the point where I fell asleep on the sand and he carried me to my bed. He made me forget everything going on as of late and reminded me to focus on the positives.

We were up super late and yet I still woke up early. I got out of bed and did my morning routine and walked downstairs to see Steven eating cereal before work.

"Good morning, Steven." I said and opened the refrigerator to grab the milk.

"You look happier than usual." He commented with slanted eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I sat down in front of him at the table.

"Don't play dumb, what happened with Goldilocks?" He asked.

"We talked everything out." I admitted.

I poured myself a bowl of cereal while he clapped and yelled "Let's gooo!".

"You're together now, right?" He asked.

"Nope." I said popping the P.

"Lame," he gave me a thumbs down. "Hey, I took off today, you wanna hang?"

"Sure, we can go to the country club." I suggested and took a few bites of my cereal.

"You wanna be around your mans so bad." He commented.

Okay, maybe I did want to go to the country club just to be around Jeremiah, but that's not my entire motive. I wanted to visit the jewelry store a block down and pick up a certain necklace that I'd ordered this morning. They said that they hadn't had any engraving orders recently so they could have it done in just a few hours.

"Who's your mans?" Jeremiah asked as he walked into the kitchen with his lifeguard gear on.

"No one." I said at the same time Steven said, "You."

I kicked his shin as I always do while Jeremiah snickered.

"Dude, take off and hangout with me and Lina today." Steven pressured Jeremiah as he sat down and took a few bites from my cereal. I snatched it back until he pouted and I gave it back with an eye roll.

"Take off?" He questioned, dipping back into my bowl.

"Yeah, do it, call them right the fuck now." Steven urged him.

"I shouldn't miss work just for the fuck of it." Jeremiah reasoned.

Yeah, true, but I did want to hangout with Jeremiah. We finally had an understanding with each other and though I was still hesitant to fully let him in, hanging out with him in the presence of others would show me a side I hadn't seen in such a long time. I was eager to experience the real friendship side of our complicated relationship.

"Please?" I looked at him with puppy dog eyes, hoping he'd change his mind. "Pretty please?"

"Fine." He sighed and whipped out his phone to call his boss.

"Oh, but it works for her?" Steven complained, but then gave me a fist bump.

I went upstairs to get ready while Jeremiah was on the phone. I decided to wear a spaghetti strap red dress with some white sandals. I didn't know what we were doing today so I felt like the mini dress was a safe option.

 I didn't know what we were doing today so I felt like the mini dress was a safe option