16)Kissing Jack in front of Paul

How do I face him?
What do I say to him?

No, I don't need to say or do a thing, I can just-

   "Breakfast is on the table!" His deep attractive voice boomed from the lounge as I was about to dash out of the door. I had had no idea where to go or hide, but anywhere other than here sounded like a superb idea.

My legs made a complete spin-around, heart racing like it was competing on the world marathon.

    When I mustered the courage to look up at Jack, I caught his back moving away from me and up the stairs.

My mouth opened in a shocked huff.
   "Seriously? You just going to act as if nothing happened last night?" I murmured glaring at his broad back. It looks so damn sexy and-

Whooa Annie! Hit the brakes already!

   I gave my left cheek a weak slap to jog my thoughts back in place, then skimmed through the lounge and into the kitchen.

My phone buzzed while having my breakfast, which was made by Jack with a lot of love as usual. Though I was starting to doubt if he loved me only as his stepdaughter. Because if last night proved something, was the fact that he liked me as much as I liked him. I had felt the intense emotions in his touch and kisses. They were too magical. Too unforgettable.

    The memory alone made me press my thighs together in frail attempts of taming the rising desire.

    Gawd! I needed a break.

And the text from Daisy was exactly what I needed...a pool party.

Jack wouldn't approve, but I'd still go anyway.

Me; I'll be there. U should come later and help me escape(crying emoji) Say something about a study date.
      I waited for her reply.

Ding!

Daisy; Sure thing An. (Winking emoji)

Me; Ur a life saver. Love u(heart emojis)

And walla! I had secured my ticket to a party which would be fun as hell.

***.                  ***.              ***.     

     Some unknown music was playing from the black speakers positioned around the pool, hyping the countless teenagers outside and inside the house.
As I seeped my apple juice, enjoying the warm afternoon sun with only my legs dipped in the water, I felt as if the world was just right for me.

I had had a horrible childhood, a lot of traumas that my brain had blocked out some, but...today was beautiful. The orange ball in the sky was beautiful. The people around, were beautiful.

      I'm beautiful.
And nothing would ruin this peace.

"Cannonball!" Screamed a boy as he jumped in the pool. He displaced a lot of water, which made way inside my yellow tumbler.

Ew!

I quickly abandoned my dear juice before pulling my legs out of the pool so I could stretch them a bit. Maybe a walk around this grand house that leaked of nothing but money?

     I wasn't even sure who was hosting the party, but they seemed rich and definitely classy from the decor inside and outside.

The little penguin statues that stood right next to the back door were too adorable.

   I stood in front of them and took a selfie with. I'd post that later, maybe. But I had to remember to block dear Jack, lest I be bursted in my super lie.

As I smiled at the photo, I noticed something I had captured unintentionally. Zooming behind me and into the house, I saw Paul holding a tumbler with his lower arms and drinking from a straw.

  Sudden guilt burdened my heart in a blink.

I felt so responsible for his condition. He honestly didn't deserve that.

     Why are you such a nice person?
I questioned myself as I made way inside and straight at him.
His head was bubbling to the beats, hardly noticing me getting to him.

   "Hey?" I called aloud.

His attention lowered to my short frame, before a grin crept on his pink lips.
   "Hey there!"
When he intended to put the tumbler down on the kitchen counter, I dashed to hold it for him.

    "Can we talk?" I yelled.

Paul's shoulders shrugged, but the smile never faded.
Taking that as a yes, I grabbed his arm and strated leading him outside through the hallway. Let's just agree that a teenage party is always full of mischief.

    There were countless couples busy smooching everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

The only safe and quiet place I could find was the garage which was accommodated three cars at the moment.

   I let go of his arm and he immediately sat on the hood of a black Rolls-Royce.

     "Tell me, what did you wanna-"

"I'm so sorry Paul!" I exploded facing him wholely. "I'm sorry about everything that has happened between us, our dads, all of it."

  He swallowed, as his eyes looked elsewhere. A sign that he obviously had something unpleasing to say to me.

       "My drink!"

"Oh! Sorry!"
I moved closer to him, not minding that I was now standing between his thighs. It was a small price to pay to show my honesty.

He drunk from the straw again, his eyes on me as if watching for any fishy moves I might make.
   Come on! If I wanted to spike your drink I'd have done it on our way here! I wanted to yell aloud but decided to hold it in if peace is what I was after.

       "Sooo, are we good?"

He tore his lips from the straw before taking the tumbler from my hands and placing it behind him.

   "No Annie! Your dad broke my wrists. And if that was not enough, he beat my father in front of the principal. And hell! He wasn't even arrested for assault. I know he's influential and all, but he just-"

  I sent my palm flying in the air to cover his mouth as soon as I heard a sound.

While I speculated that Jack usually had someone watching me, I wasn't sure. So I decided to test the theory.

    I peeled my hand off Paul's mouth. And before he had the chance to speak, I closed the gap between us to smother my lips on his. I took him by surprise, just like I had done with Jack.

   Right, Jack!

Paul responded after a few seconds, sending his bandaged hands around my waist to draw me firmly to himself.

I hadn't intended to make it deep, but when I pulled back and saw Jack's perfect face, I dived back in for another kiss. This time, it was wetter, deeper and fucking sensual.

    My arms held on to his neck as tight as they could while our heads moved left and right in the heat exchanged. How arousing it was picturing Jack in Paul's place.

In the middle of the amazing kiss, someone hauled me off of Paul then spun me around.

   Why was I feeling so damn happy?
But most importantly, why was I seeing another Jack? Well, the more the merrier right?

   "You!" I giggled then snaked my hands around his neck and jumping off the ground.
My strong legs wound at his waist, and in I went for a kiss. Like a continuation from the other Jack.

There was such a blazing difference. His beard felt real and ticklish on my skin. The taste of his mouth felt familiar.

   This had me pull back my head.

My eyes widened to the possibility of him actually being the real Jack. Whom I had just kissed in front of Paul, his enemy.
    "Bloody hell!" I mumbled as the shock jolted through my veins like electric currents, sending me to a dark world instantly.