54) Ex fuckmate

*****3rd POV ****

Paul watched from afar.
His mind was full of Annie's moans and he couldn't forget no matter how much he tried to preoccupy himself with other people.

The awkward door thing had ignited a strange desire in him. A shameless desire.

His eyes shot to the west. He spotted his uncle, the second-in-command for the White Eagle mafia organization. Due to his uncle's position, their Don arranged a marriage between the two families. His uncle had no son of his own, something that lead him to adopt Paul to okay as his heir in the organization.

This party, organized by Shadows, was a facade to hide the real thing going on.
The real intention behind all this, was the emergency meeting from all the organizations in California. For decades, they had abided by the peace treaty signed every year. Things were going on smoothly until Black Blood started rebelling and trafficking humans.

Tonight, all the mafia leaders were present to decide the fate of the rebel group. Well, all were mafia organizations except, Shadows.

Shadows played the most delicate and powerful role amidst of them all. They were the glue that stuck them together, but also the bomb that could kill them all.

"Don't harbor any thoughts about her." Jack's cold voice struck Paul's ears.
He had spaced out so deeply that he failed to notice the male now standing beside him.

But even with his nemesis present, he pulled on his acting face and grinned at Jack dismissively, before taking a sip of his wine.

"She has a mind of her own." Paul taunted as they both gazed at Annie who was speaking to Steve. She looked a bit confused.

"Indeed she does."

"How long do you think you can hide the truth?"

Jack immediately three Paul a sharp glare.

This was the last thing he expected tonight.

******ANNIE*****

"Ma-mafia?" I stuttered.

Steve sighed. The expression on his face spoke more than words could. He was clearly restraining from saying something.

"Only Jack can explain everything."

Jack. Right.

Where was he anyway?

Someone stopped by and Steve was whisked away, leaving me vulnerable to the prying eyes. I had caught a few murmurs, mostly from the women, wondering who the fuck I was. And they weren't pleased that I was hanging around Jack.

Feeling a bit tired from all the standing, I decided to go sit down and eat. So I went up the stairs, it was somehow quiet and private here. The people were minding their business as they ate and didn't pay much attention to me.

Before I could even sit down, a waiter showed up wearing a decent fitting suit and a friendly smile. He handed me the menu, and stood beside me.

"Oh!" I breathed taken aback.
How professional. Dude didn't even say hi.

Oh well, I was there to eat, not chitchat although I'd be happy if someone filled me in on what the party was all about.

After a minute or so, I handed him back the menu when I was done ticking the food I wanted. He flashed a smile, "Any allergies?"

"No, none." I answered and off he walked.

Since the order would take at least twenty minutes to be served, I decided to busy myself with studying the people mingling down there.
As I stood by the railing next to a couple that was talking and drinking what looked like whisky, my eyes were chained on the two men standing near the table carrying multicolored drinks.