30) A jealous Elizabeth

*****3rd POV*****

Jack pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling frustrated at the intel he was reading. Elizabeth and her colleagues had decoded it right before his own eyes before leaving him. For it was only meant for his eyes alone.

"Why would they want to assassinate the Senator?" He groaned annoyed.

If he was to send this Intel to the Senator Gregory, then he would make the first move and kill Senator Paula. Whichever decision Jack would make, one party would still end up losing their life.

Normally, he never involved himself in politics, but since the government was protecting his organization, he had to avoid instability in California. Lest he faces the President due to failure of providing such information beforehand.

The last thing he needed was bringing attention to Shadows after laying low for five years. The peace he had acquired over the years was too priceless for Jack to lose. Annie, was priceless to lose.

As the muddling thoughts infiltrated every part of his mind, the soft knock at his door pulled him to the land of the living.
He quickly shifted the screen content, afraid of a second pair of eyes reading it.

"Come in!" Jack called out.

The mahogany door swung in the inside, giving way to the female in a professional black skirt suit.
Elizabeth walked in, heels creaking against the plain bronze tiles. She was holding a little wooden tray that held a cup of hot espresso.
With a wide smile, the female made way in the large office that had solid walls unlike the other offices that were surrounded by clear glass walls. Jack was a man of privacy. And given his line of business, he didn't trust easily with delicate information.

"Lizzie?" Jack frowned. "Where's Grace?"

Grace Huntsman, his secretary and biological cousin.

"She um...she asked me to bring this to you Sir." Elizabeth answered setting down the tray before lifting the cup and offering it to a distressed Jack. He never liked other people serving him other than those he trusted to handle his food.

Elizabeth dragged out the process of handing over the cup, making sure she had bent over just right to show her cleavage to Jack. She wanted him to see that she was available...ready... submissive.

But Jack spared only a single glance before taking the cup from her hands and putting it a distance from the computer.

"Anything else?" The male asked with a raised brow.

Elizabeth straightened, swallowing the disappointment and forcing a smile out. Why did he always act so cold towards others yet was childishly playful towards Annie? All the things Elizabeth had read in Annie's diary had made her want to try them all with Jack.

She was damn sure she'd perform better that that teenager.

She was ready to try everything Jack wanted. If he wanted a blowjob dead in the night, Elizabeth would not object. If he wanted to fuck her in a restaurant, she would be thrilled. Her entire body kept vibrating to Jack's sight and voice. And now, now she wanted a little bit of what Annie was having. Even if he'd just kiss her for five seconds, Elizabeth would be eternally grateful.

An obsession was slowly growing. And not the kind of cute obsession. Elizabeth wanted Jack. She had to have him.

Just as she was thinking about how much she loathed the little leech called Annie, someone pushed open the door before running in yelling his name. "Jack?"

Jack's eyes popped while Elizabeth gasped whirling around to that familiar voice. You little brat!

"Annie?" Elizabeth called struggling with the frown erupting.