44) Pop it before you die

*****ANNIE*****

It was supposed to be the most remarkable day of my life. Finally I could be termed as an adult.
But, I found myself sulking on the couch eating ice cream while staring at the human-sized flat screen a distance from me.

After the horrible jealousy encounter went south, Jack had drove me home without as much as sparing me a glance. Why was he mad when I should have been the one flaming?

I had a million questions after what happened. He was clearly not an ordinary person.
Was he an illegitimate prince of England? Or perhaps the son of a president?

Why did he need such high security? Why did he need security at all?

He must have been weary of what I would ask, and so drove off the minute I walked out of his car.

"Gawd! The mystery is killing me." I groaned throwing aside the tub of vanilla ice cream.

Lacking any focus on the anime playing, I grabbed the remote from the table and paused it. Netflix was kinda boring. Or maybe it was just my overwhelming life.

--------------------------------

****3rd POV****

From across the table, Elizabeth silently watched Jack drink up the cup of coffee she had served him, along with the rest of her colleagues.

She paid no attention to the person speaking and solely concentrated on the man she adored with every fiber of her being.
Life could not have made the perfect plan as this emergency meeting so late. It presented a window for her to carry out the last phase of her plan to sabotage the relationship between Jack and Annie. Tonight, is the night.

"After all these years, we still cannot single out the leader of Black Blood after Philip died years ago. If we want to destroy that fucking mafia organization, we need to be smarter this time." A Kane spoke, sounding frustrated to his core.

"I think we-"
Jack smacked his cup on the table, grabbing everyone's attention. All eleven pairs of eyes fell on his rising frame as he unbuttoned his jacket.

Already? Elizabeth wondered.

"Nothing will go on till I fucking find the mole in here!" Jack roared signalling to his confident, Steve.

Steve in turn rose, pulling on a smirk while he walked towards the double glass doors. He quickly locked them before pulling out his gun.

Elizabeth felt a bolt of fear strike the insides of her bones. The cup in her hands immediately dropped, hitting the edge of the table before spilling the hot coffee on her thighs.
She cried out to the pain arising from the burning.

Thinking that Jack would stop his outburst and tend to her like a concerned employer, he only scowled at her, his eyes asking her if she had a death threat on her head.

"I'm sorry!" She squealed jumping off her seat.

He knew. Jackson Raynatt knew damn well who had leaked the information, but he wanted her to confess. He also knew she had spiked his drink with ketamine.

"Now, who the fuck, betrayed me?"

The confused heads turned to each other while the fear of being on Jack's wrong side crept in.

Elizabeth tried to leave, pleading with Steve to allow her to get changed.

"Get back down!" Steve hissed pointing his gun at her. There was no friendliness in those eyes as they pierced her soul like he knew her secret.

"Tik...tok." Jack started repeated while walking round the oval-shaped conference table. His blue pair constantly fell on the female standing next to Steve, her hands shook. But she quickly hid them away from Jack's sight.