55) A piece of the truth

******JACK*****

I burst in Annie's room with a new fear twisting in my guts. Her abrupt departure from the party triggered a strange rythmn  in my heart.

    "Annie?" I yelled whiling my head right to left.

When my desperate voice died down, the sound of a movie or video playing from the laptop sitting on the bed took over.
    It was facing the door, as if placed there just for...me.

The sound of gunshots drove me on edge while my feet took keen steps towards the bed.

   When I was close enough to identify myself on the screen, my entire body iced. Never had I felt an unseen cold fear swirl around me before attacking my heart.

I had so many questions. Like where did she get this? Why did she run away from the party. But most importantly, where the hell was she?

    She had left this intentionally, and even put it on repeat so I wouldn't miss her message.

"Annie?" I yelled again.

The gown she had worn for the party was lying carelessly on the floor next to her shoes and purse.

I squatted and grabbed it in my fist, then slowly pressed it on my face. It smelled like Annie, a scent that calmed my demons. One that I couldn't get enough of especially whenever we fucked. Her scent reminded me of her soft and delicate skin.

     "I'm sorry you had to see that." I whispered before rising, gown still in my hand.

When I shut the laptop, the room fell in a deafening silence. Which was interrupted by a soft sob coming from the bathroom.

  "Annie!" I sighed aloud and rushed to the door.

   I turned the knob, but it didn't open. My little demon was upset and probably mad at me.

   "Annie it's me." I knocked.

The sobs ceased. "Go away!" She screamed.

"Come on baby. We can talk this out. I'm here to tell you-"

   "I don't wanna talk to you."

I sucked a deep breath as my right hand brushed through the length of my hair. I could have used one of those head massages she always gave me when I was stressed out. But she was the one stressing me at the moment.

    "I'll wait for you, right, here."

Silence.

"Did you hear me?"

"Do as you wish. Not my problem."

I huffed, did she actually expect her little attitude to drive me away? She'd have to try a lot harder.

--------------------------------

     Time moved quite slow as I sat on her study chair facing the bathroom door. It felt as if I had waited for hours there while in reality, it had only been around forty minutes.

The lock clicked, alerting my swaying mind.

The second she stepped out of the bathroom in her naked form, my focus was momentarily disoriented.

    I didn't think a day would come for me to ever get bored with seeing her naked. She was beautiful. She was perfect for me.

     Annie frowned when she realized I was staring at her body.
She rushed to the closet and fished out an oversized t-shirt, which I recognized as one of mine.
When she was comfortable enough, she walked up to me and crossed arms under her soft twins, making the cloth on them go tight. I caught the nipple outlines and it was a sexy sight to my eyes.

    "Explain." She ordered.

Damn girl, why hadn't she ordered me to strip instead?

   I sucked a deep breath in silence and intended to get up when Annie pushed me down with her right foot on my loin.

   I examined the foot, then up at her serious-looking expression.
She was mad. Mad sexy.
I had the urge to grab her and make her sit on my lap so I'd feel some soft ass. But, I chained my lust.
She deserved some explanation.

     "Look Annie, I'm a spy Lord. My real work deals with all sorts of dangers, from mafias to the police. The people at the party were from different mafia groups, except mine. We only deal with information."

Her face changed to disappointed.
   "You killed people."

"Ah! Those um...those are from a dangerous group sent to kill...me."

Her expression shifted again. Only this time, I recognized a trace of concern. So she did care about my life?

  "Why didn't you...argh!" She groaned retreating the foot but I grabbed at her ankle and glued in back on my loin.

Annie's eyes widened a little.

   "Is that all you wanted to kno-"

"So Paul is also involved with...with, these groups?"

For fucksakes, did she have to mention him?

    "Yes." I answered in a low wounded voice.

"Have you ever killed, someone innocent?"

Damn! She wasn't holding back was she?

This question. Innocent?

    "I...dunno." This was my sincere answer. Who was to tell if any of my victims didn't deserve it? Only the Creator eh?

"And Daisy?"

"What about her?"

"How did you recruit her? I knew her way long before you met me."

    "Your mom-" Shiiit! Saying too much.

Annie's soul seemed to have left her body for a flash of a second. The frown taking over her face was terrifying.
    "My mom was also-"

"She...she was the one that introduced her to me for, protection."

Annie tore her eyes away from me, giving me a window of breathing.
   When they fell on me again, she looked more of intrigued than mad. "Can your spies find her? You run a spy organization, it shouldn't be hard to trace her, right?"

The hope now beaming in her eyes made my soul shatter. And the moment of internal conflict that I had always anticipated came.
I had the option of telling her the whole truth, but the fear of her reaction frightened me..

    She would go wild if she learnt that I was partly responsible for her death. But the worst part would be me hiding the truth from her six years.
I made her detest her own mother thinking it was safer that way. But now, now she was grown. She was inquisitive and brilliant.

   Her emotions were now mature.

And yet...I lied again.

"I've tried looking for her Annie."

    "But...but...but I need to know."
Her voice came out strained and hurting.

The emotion buried in it made my own heart hurt.
She didn't deserve my lies which had been my way of protecting her.

****This is dedicated to my 200th follower shawnaflame
I've put your idea in use❤️❤️❤️****