22) I love you Annie

***Note; aaaw, I have new followers on my profile.. thank you my lovelies***

The sun was shining brighter today. Maybe it was because of the female leaning against her red Volvo, or something else.

"Do I have to stay with her of all people?" I complained to Jack who was walking me out of our house and towards Jasmine's car.

He glanced back, so did I. And the prying pair of Beatrice's eyes was terrifying. She was standing on Jack's balcony...watching us.

"You can't stay here, neither can I. The only family you have is her!" He said with a taste of disgust. "I promise you, this will go away before you realize it."

I halted and faced him.
"Promise?"

It would be torture not seeing his gorgeous face for at least two days. And even more torture living with the one person I didn't like the most in the world.

"I promise Little kitty!"

The way he called my pet name made me want to jump on him for a fire embrace. But, no physical contact till this investigation was over.
Somewhere deep in me, it felt as if there was more to the story than them ransacking the house just for evidence on our alleged relationship.

But I had to trust Jack as always. He would find a way to get rid of those nosy creatures in our house.

"Take care of her!" Jack instructed in a no-nonsense tone.

Jasmine feigned a grin that was almost convincing. "Of course I will. Wouldn't want to get on the bad side of Jackson Raynatt."
Her tone had diverged when she uttered his name, raising certain doubts within me. I mean, her timing had been perfect. Her arriving in California three days before this bizarre incidence. And now I was been handed in her care.

Jack's figure grew smaller and smaller to the distance increasing between us as the car drove further away from the house.

***. ***. ***.

The Airbnb jasmine had rented was quite posh. Had this large ass pool that stretched wide and glimmered like a thousand diamonds under the sunlight.
If circumstances were different, I'd have dived in the crystal water to cool off the day's fatigue.

Jasmine unlocked a door and pushed it in. "You can use this room." She then walked down the bright lit hallway that had an entire glass wall that oversaw the pool and the whole west side.

I shut the door with the heel of my foot and walked in lazily.

"Not bad Jasmine. This must have cost you a lot!" I murmured dumping the bag on the bed that was neatly spread. White covers, sheets, pillows...and a little pink teddy lying at the middle that looked so out of place.

The tall windows allowed sufficient sunlight in the room, giving it a glow up.

It was nice if honesty had a place in me at that particular moment. But I couldn't let the serenity of the place distract me.
I had to find a way to contact Jack.
He was the only person I wanted to talk to in such a stressing phase of my life.

If anything was found that could implicate him, they'd not spare him jail time. And I could not, be the reason he would be thrown in jail.

***. ***. ***.

Jasmine's yells awoke me before the alarm could.
I had tossed and turned all night long, only to finally fall asleep at around five. It was more of a nap than satisfying sleep.

I checked clock on the bedside table. It read ten minutes past six. Why would she wake me up this early?

"Wake up! We need to pay someone a visit before I drop you off to school!" She yelled from outside.