37) Trust your guts

***Note; go back to part 1 for pics of Elizabeth and Beatrice... Happy reading ❤️***

******JACK*******

Avoiding her was easier than trying to explain to her why I had been frequently absent. But I missed her company. Her playful nature. Her smiles. Her massages
Her, body.

But she was here now. I was holding her limp body, smelling her hair while I combed it with my fingers.
Her curls were soft and taken care of.

To make up for all the lost time, I had arranged for her a good time at the party. Carefully instructed my men to watch her. To protect her. For I knew, Black Blood had been making moves in the darkness. Waiting for the perfect time to strike me where it'd hurt the most... Annie.

And for the sake of her safety, she was being monitored twenty four hours a day without even knowing it.
There were times I wished I could tell her the truth, but how would she react to it?

How would she take in the truth of her mother's death which I had kept from her. At that time, she had been too young to explain to her that her mother had died in my place. Too young to understand that she had been a spy and I was the fucking reason she died.

There was a growing worry in my heart.

I could feel an incoming tragedy. Something was about to happen. Something that could possibly create a rift between Annie and I. But...what?

In the last few days, I had been going through a list of harmful things, hoping that the dreadful feeling would disappear. Yet, it still remained like a stubborn wine spot on a white cloth.

I pulled my little Kitty closer against my chest while we laid on her bed. She was warm to cuddle, making me wish life would be made of only such moments.

"Gawd!" I breathed closing my eyes to fight the tears.
The negative energy was getting stronger the more I was around her. I didn't want to lose her. We had only started finding each other. Why couldn't the love last a little longer?

Men like you weren't made to love. You don't deserve love.

Maybe the voice was right. Maybe not.

Annie didn't seem to think that I deserved less than the love she had for me.

That's because she doesn't know the real you.
There was a bitter truth in that reminder. To her, I was a protective guardian figure that she could run to when she had a problem. She had no idea of the blood staining my hands. No idea of the cold side of me that showed some times.

"I love you Annie. Love you so damn much that it hurts." My pained whisper landed on deaf ears as she couldn't hear a thing. Lost in a world of dreams, Annie could be whatever she wanted and do as she pleased. In the real world, I had to try my all to make those dreams a reality.

It was my fault. I had brought with me my demons and darkness in her bright world. And now those very demons were threatening to darken her light.

"Jaaa..." Annie sudden slurred murmur struck my ears.

I pulled back to watch her expression shift from worried to calm, then angry.

"What are you dreaming of little Kitty?" I flicked her nose then kissed her forehead.
"Am I spanking you in there? Or..." I leaned to line my lips with her right ear, "Am I worshipping you?"

"You're kis... kissing me!" She answered, much to my surprise.

I chuckled, tearing myself from her to lay her upper body on the bed before I lost my thin wall of control. There was no promising composure when it came to this one human.
And it terrified me.
Never had I been that crazy over someone.

As a good night gesture, I stroked her left cheek cautiously, then allowed my lips to join hers in a light kiss. But in the middle of it, Annie kissed back, startling me.

I wanted to back off, but was halted by the weak hands snaking my neck and holding me down. Of course I have the energy to shove away from the little seductress, but where was my will to do so?
She could hold me captive for all I cared. I was hers to kiss, hold, hit and any other action she saw fit.

The kiss lasted almost an entire minute. It died off when her lips slowly went numb as she drifted off to the dream world.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the cuteness she had just displayed without even knowing. To her, kissing me was probably a dream. She wouldn't even remember a thing.

With one last kiss on her forehead, I whispered, "Sleep well baby," before sliding off her bed.

***. ***. ***.

*******ANNIE*******

"I feel like shit!" I groaned, running both my temples.

"You shouldn't have drunk so much?" Daisy pointed out.

I gazed around the cafe, at the empty tables, then back at Daisy. She looked distant and bored.
"It feels weird. There are usually more people here on Saturday mornings."

"Maybe they're just, busy."

"Mmm...still feels super awk-"

"Just drink the damn coffee will you?" Daisy suddenly exploded.

For the very first time since we became friends, she had raised her voice at me.

I stared, forgetting about the nibbling headache. My shock turned into a frown when I noticed her remorseless expression.
There was no warmth in her eyes. Her eyelids were soggy, and her complexion was more paler today.

"You...you look-"

"I'm sorry princess that he booked the whole cafe just to keep your spoiled ass safe. I'm sorry that I look horrible. I'm sorry that you never noticed a damn thing going on around you. But why would you? The whole world should revolve around you, right?" Her words were cold and rage-filled.

I could not recognize the person I had known for years.

But, was I such a stuck-up bitch as she had described? Not described, as she had erupted.

No, the most important question was, who was she talking about?

Heoolj8672;❤️

ku-mami;❤️

daniellachim21;❤️

JelenaDimkovski;❤️

fezcoslut0;❤️

luv_bug05;❤️

GHETTOISH;❤️

kernella;❤️❤️💗