07

I swore that the moment I stood still in front of my doorstep, watching Kevin attempted to park his car nicely by the curb, I heard a snippet from Enchanted where Taylor Swift sang, 'this was the very first page, not where the story line ends'.

I flinched by the abruptness, questioning myself whether I was the only one who heard it all along?

Evelyn was a music enthusiast. There was no way she would stay quiet and not singing along if she heard this too.

But she was inside, making a random joke about something I didn't know.

I almost been delusional, thinking that the song was playing inside my head. Like a signal for me to keep going after Kevin - like it was a fate. After all the timing was on point.

Until I sensed my phone in my grasp that seemingly pulsing with the rhythm.

I must have accidentally played the song on my playlist.

"Fate, my foot," I grumbled, pushing the pause button before the next song came up.

Kevin came out from his car, smiling for no reason as he approached my lawn. Automatically, my action mirrored his until we halted where our path crossed.

"You sounded like you didn't want to come," I crossed my arms, trying to intimidate him with my facial expression. "But now you're here. You're so indecisive, aren't you?"

Both his hands were then tucked into his jeans' pockets, shrugging as he looked up at the sky, "it just happened."

"Come in, they're inside," I beckoned as I stepped aside, giving him the space to lead the walk.

I wasn't so sure about this, but being in a close proximity with him was kind of, safe. He gave me an aura of someone who would secretly protect you if you were needed to walk alone at night.

He was that kind of person who would say 'no, I'm not here for you' but meant the opposite. He's there for that reason.

I might have been too engrossed in my theory as I trailed behind him. I didn't even realize that he'd slowed his pace down and abruptly turned on his heels to ask me something.

I gasped when I realized that the gap between us was only 10 inches in estimation. Our breaths hitched rhythmically as our eyes met.

"Walk properly!" I took a step back, diligently praying inside my head for he won't notice my rosy cheeks. "I would've fallen if you bumped on me."

Kevin seemed relax with my comment. Maybe - a bit, he was flustered too but thanks to my random action, he could have something to mask his feeling.

"It's not my fault that you're short," he said, in which I gasped, ready to throw hands.

Well, I was shorter than him but not too obvious.

"Just go inside, we will fight about this later," I gestured him to turn back to the correct direction.

It wasn't too comfortable to be with a different gender in my own lawn, knowing that my neighbours probably were watching us through their windows like spies.

Seriously, people needed to learn how to have boundaries.

Upon entering, Jacob rushed over, greeting Kevin bro styled, too many things to catch up - maybe.

Whilst their attentions were in their own bubble, I took the advantage to slip away into the kitchen, releasing the breath I didn't know I held.

No wonder it felt so suffocated.

"What has Kevin Moon done to me?" I panted, my world was spinning due to the lack of oxygen in my brain. "This is crazy."

"You okay?"