9.

Maya's POV

As I walked into the classroom, my eyes landed on Evelyn who looks absolutely miserable to be here but when her eyes met mine, a small smile formed on her face as her eyes lit up.

"So happy you joined us today" the teacher said and I nodded "yeah of course"

I sat down behind Evelyn since her crusty ass boyfriend was beside her writing some notes. Evelyn pushed her chair back and I leaned on the table to get closer to her "didn't know you'd be here" she said loud enough for me to hear her but for the others not to "couldn't resist a few hours without your pretty face"

Even though only half of her face is visible in my view, I can still see her blushing.

I'm trying to increase my flirting so she knows I want her without actually telling her because I have an issue about confessing so this is so much easier for me.

"Girls. Pay attention" the principal said who was standing behind the teacher to see what's happening in the debate club.

Honestly, I hate debate and anything related to it but I participated in this one because it'll help with my college application and I get to spend more time with Evelyn.

———

"I'm actually so happy to see you in debate club" I smiled at Evelyn as I took my things from my locker, ready to go back home "really?" She hummed and nodded with a smile on her face "I get to have someone there that I actually stand. It's either Charles, boys or pick me girls. You're the only good one"

If it was Evelyn a few weeks ago, she would've hated me joining the debate club because she doesn't want competition but now she's telling me that she likes my company.

Maybe, just maybe she feels things for me too and it's not only one sided.

At least I hope so.

I want this girl to be mine so bad.

"I gotta go but see you tonight at my place?" She asked. I smiled nodding my head "I'll be there"

She bit her lip and nodded "okay good"

———

Evelyn's POV

"Hi Kali. One of my friends is supposed to be here, do you know where she is?" I asked one of our maids and she nodded "you have to go save her from Elsie" Kali said laughing making me laugh "that is gonna be a sight to see"

I thanked Kali and went upstairs to Elsie's room that was slightly opened. I heard laughing and excited squeals from Elsie.

I knocked gently on the door and pushed it open. I looked at them and placed my hand over my mouth when I saw Maya's face, laughing at how she looks.

"Don't laugh" she warned. I looked at Elsie who ran towards me to give me a hug "you did so good" I said about Maya's face who rolled her eyes at me "thank you"

Maya looks like a crazy person on drugs with the makeup Elsie did for her. Insane eyeshadow with different colors on each eye, lipstick that is definitely in a lot of places other than her lips and a crazy amount of glitter.

"But I have to take Maya from you now. You have to go brush your teeth and get in bed. Come to my room when you finish getting ready so I can tuck you in" Evelyn said putting some hair behind her ear.

Elsie nodded her head and ran to the bathroom to brush her teeth. I took Maya's hand, still laughing at the way she looks as we walked out of Elsie's room.

"You look-" Maya cut me off before I continued "insane? Psychotic? Crazy? Unstable? Unhinged? Mental?" She said making me laugh "yeah those"

"As much as I love Elsie, that little girl is a monster" I laughed as I stepped into my room, closing the door behind me "you look so crazy right now but somehow, still sexy" Maya made a confused look "you're weird"

I hummed and placed my lips on hers "Let's get this face cleaned up" Maya went to the bathroom to wipe the crazy makeup off her face then I heard a little knock on the door "Veve. I'm ready to go to bed" I heard Elsie say making me smile. I can tell her head is shoved into the door so she can say this. It's cute when she does this.

"I'm gonna go tuck Elsie in" I said to Maya who nodded "okay"

I went to Elsie room who was already in bed with an excited smile, ready for her bed time story.

Sometimes, I'm really happy that my parents aren't in Elsie's life as much because they really fucked up my childhood but it would've been nice if they learned from the mistakes that were made with me and gave Elsie a better life/childhood.

But they both suck ass so I doubt that will ever happen so I do my best to make sure Elsie is very well taken care of and being treated the best treatment ever.

Erika is one of our maids as well, she's an amazing mom of three and takes care of Elsie like she's her own, which is amazing but I still try to play the biggest role in Elsie's life.

Just in case anything happens or Erika leaves to see her children, I don't want Elsie to get too hurt because of that because she'll feel like a big part of her is missing.

I didn't realize that would be the case until Erika brought it up which I'm so grateful for.

I finished reading the story for her and kissed her head "can Maya give me a goodnight kiss?" She asked. I turned to look at the door, where Elsie was looking to see Maya leaning on the doorframe with a smile on her face "of course she can"

Elsie never asked anyone to do this other than Erika and I but I can't blame her, Maya has something different in her, something very very likable.

Ask me about it, I've never felt so comfortable with someone so fast.

So comfortable and so attached to her.

Maya came towards her and placed a soft kiss on her head "sweet dreams, little princess" she said quietly.

Then we stood up and got out of her room but I left her door slightly opened so if anything happens, we can hear her or anything like that. Also, she likes the light coming from outside. That girl refuses to get a night stand light.

"You're so good with Elsie.." I interlocked my fingers with hers, seeing her smile as she looked down at our hands "..it's cute" I complimented making her blush a little. Cute again.

We went to my room and laid down on the bed "I'm gonna go shower" I said making her look at me confused "I thought we were having sex" she said and I shook my head "no. Keep it in your pants for a bit, I just wanted to hang out"

"But what am I supposed to do until you finish showering?" She whined putting her head down on the pillow. I laughed and took my phone, unlocking it "play games on my phone" I said.

She frowned her eyebrows and sat up "I'm not a child- oh wait never mind, you have a lot of games" she took my phone and I smiled, pecking her lips which made her smile as well.

"I'm gonna go shower now" I said but she didn't pay much attention to me since the games are already distracting her. Her and Elsie are getting along because they're literally the same person just different ages.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

"You wanna stay over? I could use a cuddle" I said wrapping a towel around my body. I didn't hear an answer from her so I went out of the room but I didn't find her anywhere.

I frowned in confusion and took my phone to see if there was a text from her but there wasn't then I unlocked the phone.

Oh no.