20.

Evelyn's POV

"Are we okay? You didn't answer my texts yesterday" I asked Maya who was taking a few things from her locker "yeah we're fine"

What's with the tone though?

"Are you okay? You look exhausted" I said rubbing her arm a little but I pulled my hand away when I realized there were people around. She laughed and clenched her jaw "what? Scared they'll think you're not fucking a man?" She asked glaring at me.

I felt a little sting in my heart as I frowned my eyebrows "are you mad at me? Did I do something baby?" We were okay yesterday. She was at my place, we hung out and everything was perfect.

I don't know what it is and it's making me really anxious.

I hate having her be mad at me and I don't know why or how to make it right.

I know that us being a secret is hard for her and I'm trying to be so considerate of that but I don't know what I did so wrong that made her snap like this.

But I guess seeing your partner with someone else makes someone mad so it's okay.

She sighed loudly and shook her head "Can I go now?" She asked closing her locker "I'm really sorry if I did something that upset you" I said ignoring her question "whatever" she said walking past me.

I turned to look at her as she walked away and went to class. I feel tears forming in my eyes so I quickly went to the bathroom to calm down a little.

Why is she so upset with me?

I am trying so hard to think of what I did or what I said to make her act like this but I can't figure out what it is.

I opened my phone, went to our texts and started scrolling through our messages last night but there was nothing that could've pissed her off.

I don't know what to do.

I walked into class after I calmed down and looked towards Maya who took a quick glance at me then looked down at her phone again.

After what felt like forever, it was lunch time so I wanted to follow Maya to talk to her but my dad held me back to tell me about whatever. I didn't pay attention. I couldn't pay attention.

I walked into the cafeteria and immediately went towards where Maya sits with her friends but she wasn't there either.

"Where is Maya?" I asked Noel and she shrugged "I don't know. She just disappeared. She seems sad or mad, I'm not sure" I nodded my head and walked away, taking my phone out.

Maya <333

Can you please come to
our spot?

Let's talk this out baby

We always go to this spot behind school. There were no cameras and no one knows how to get there but I do since my dad's the principal. It's like a closed off spot in the back of the school that I stole the key for.

We go there to make out or smoke together. Whatever it is we can do together.

I went there and waited impatiently for her. She read the text but didn't answer so I'm getting even more anxious.

God I'd rather die than have her leave me.

I am so down bad for her. I have strong fucking feelings for her.

"Hey" I turned around and looked at Maya. I closed my eyes and a single tear left my eyes "god I'm so happy you're here" I said opening my eyes again. She nodded her head and looked down at her feet as she placed her hands in her pockets.

"What did I do? Please tell me" I feel like such a crybaby because I cannot stop the tears from coming down my face.

Maya looked up at me and she frowned, stepping closer to me and pulling me into her embrace "you didn't do anything" she said scratching my head gently.

I closed my eyes and hugged her tighter. It felt like forever since she hugged me even though we were cuddling yesterday.

We pulled back from the hug and I reached to hold both of her hands "what's wrong?" She looked down "it's just- I just don't wanna talk about it right now if that's okay"

I nodded my head understandingly "yeah it's completely okay but please don't let it out on me like this. It feels horrible" Maya nodded her head and brought my hand up to her lips, kissing it gently "I know. I'm sorry I made you feel like that"

"It's okay. I'm just happy we're back on track" I said smiling at her "you're too good to me" she said pulling me into another hug.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her neck as she wrapped hers around my waist and placed her head in the crook of my neck.

"You smell amazing. You actually smell kinda like me. I like that" she said and I laughed "it's your perfume" I said and she pulled back from the hug, squinting her eyes at me "but I sprayed some today"

"I maybe checked your perfumes when you went to the bathroom. I saw which one was more used and bought one. I don't know, maybe"

Maya laughed and shook her head in disbelief "Everyday i figure out something very weird and unexpected from you" she said and I shrugged "I wear your boxers regularly, what else did you expect?"

She let out another laugh and looked into my eyes "you make me happy" she said. I smiled and put some of her hair behind her ear.

I can tell she's still sad about whatever is making her sad. I just wish she would tell me what it is so I can help her but I don't want to pressure her to talk about it. She will talk about it when she feels comfortable enough.

She likes that I'm patient with her and I am going to keep being patient with her.

People have problems and everyone deals with it differently.

I am always going to be here for her and to listen to her rant and vent about anything.

"I try to" she smiled and leaned in to place a kiss on my forehead "I'm here for you whenever you wanna talk" I reassured her and she nodded "I know baby"