CHAPTER SEVEN

N O V A

Forgive me, lord, for I have sinned. I don't know how this trip ended with me betraying Miguel, but it did.

Let's start by saying I didn't want Miguel at the beach house, to begin with. It was supposed to be just us girls drinking on the beach and having the place to ourselves, all thanks to Savannah, of course.

Her father gave her the beach house amongst everything else she could ask for. He owned nearly half of the hospitals around South Florida, so he was a wealthy man. I was lucky enough to meet her lab class with Luciw, and since then, we have become good friends.

I invited Stefanie because they love her. Stefanie invited Dwayne and Dwayne invited Miguel.

Moments after they showed up, fucking Enzo came in his serious business suit and bags. I was annoyed that he was once again in my presence. He is a good-looking man. A dangerous good-looking man.

So after we were done on the Patio, I came clean to Miguel about giving Enzo a ridet his penthouse. I thought it was only the right thing to do.

"You did what?" Miguel's eyes pop out of his socket.

"He was begging, and you know me," I explained.

"Nova, you don't even like people being in your car. Why would you give him a ride after he has just got done being questioned?"

I shrugged, not knowing the answer to that question. I already told him I couldn't say no.

To put my belongings away, I pace between my suitcase and the drawers in the room that overlooks the ocean.

Miguel stopped me in my tracks. His hands resting on my shoulder as he looked at me intensely. "You are not to speak to that man, let alone be in the same room as him by yourself." his tone was serious.

"Why?"

Instead answering me Miguel just told me the same thing again. So telling him about the ride wasn't the best thing to do. I wasn't sure if it was a trust thing or if he thought my safety was jeopardized by being near Enzo.

Either way, I didn't care. 

"I used his bathroom if that makes you feel any better," I tell him with a sly smirk.

He closed his eyes and pinched his nose. "Please. Just do as I said and stay away from him. He's trouble."

"He was your friend at a point in time. What kind of trouble can he be to make you hate him? Did he kill someone?" I sarcastically gasp.

"Just promise me you will." he pulls out his pinky finger for me to interlock. Playfully, I put my finger up and then hid it behind my back. He smirks at me and reaches for my hand. When he did, I sneaked in a kiss.

My arms wrapped around his shoulders, and I tugged myself closer. He slips his tongue to dance with mine, and I allow it. I wouldn't have it any other way. He cups my ass with the palm of his hand, tugging on my shorts. I removed his arms and took the initiative to push him onto the couch in the room. He hates it when I take control, but I love it. It was the only way I could feel turned on.

I love him, but when he takes control, I feel nothing.

He reaches to unstrap my bikini top, and I slap his hands. "No," I tsk. I pulled on the string behind me, revealing my breast to him. I moved my hips to find his rigid dick, and once I saw it, I tucked my shorts and panties to the side to slip it In.

I enjoyed it for the time being, or at least I thought I was. But then I didn't.

I wasn't sure if it was because of my father or simply because I couldn't enjoy sex with Miguel. It's been something I always thought to myself, but I've pushed it back; I genuinely love him.