CHAPTER SIXTEEN

N O V A

Respect.

What does he know of respect? From what I've seen, very little. his respect radar is hanging low from his balls. So far down, he can't reach it.

I'm not going to sit here and lie saying that I didn't admire how he said it. But as far as I've seen, he doesn't respect me. May I go on with a list of how he shows little respect for me?

1. He watched me and my ex-partner having an intimate moment.

2. He invited himself to my self-masturbation.

3. He presumes to kiss me knowing I am with Miguel. Whom he hates.

4. He writes me a note that contains sexual relations while doing my close friend.

5. He shows up at my private home with no warning.

6. He's annoyingly sexy, It bugs me.

However, I do not see how that is disrespectful towards me. it's only hard to avoid or turn him down every time he comes around.

I admit, I felt bad about his fingers, but I don't feel bad for ditching him the other night.

I shake my head at his truths. "I just got out of a relationship and I'm in the middle of figuring out who the hell killed my father. Sorry, I can't get distracted right now."

Enzo nods slowly. "I understand, and I figured as much. Is there anything I can do to help you?" His generous tone makes me want to say yes, but I don't know if I can trust him with anything.

He stands from his seat and picks my head up with his free fingers.

"You should get those checked out." I point to his hands.

"I'll be fine. It doesn't hurt as bad anymore."

I glanced up at his perfect blue peepers staring down at me. I pulled my lips in between my teeth. Thinking of ways he can be of use to me.

"What are you thinking about?" Enzo asked me.

Without double thinking, I tell him, "I'm moving into my father's apartment this weekend. He passed it on to me... Amongst other things...and I could use the help. If your fingers are willing to do the work." He takes a step back and ponders his thoughts. "It's stupid really, you don't have to help. I just thought there was no harm in asking since you offered."

"I don't mind at all. When and where do you need me?"

I was surprised that someone as busy as him was able to make time to help me.

The only way I would allow him to help is if he would get his hands checked out before doing any heavy lifting. I assumed he listened and went to get it checked out.

My mother left the morning after. She is leaving town for a few days, joining a trip with her friends. They had planned Key West for weeks and now that the death of my father cooled down a bit she was comfortable to leave me.

Before she left, we had breakfast together and said our goodbyes.

She didn't approve of me moving into my father's apartment, she thought it would make me depressed, but I knew it would help me.

I stared at the old brown dresser where the safe was located. The last time I got it open there wasn't anything in there. Nothing but a damn piece of paper with numbers on it made me furious for my father to think I would understand. I could've asked Miguel or Dwayne but like his letter had said, I can't trust anyone.

"Ok, that's the last of your boxes." Enzo drops the box on the floor of the room breaking down in sweat. Even when moving he still seems to love wearing his suits. I looked at his right hand which had a finger splint on his middle finger.