CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

E N Z O

"What's wrong?" Nova asked. I pulled her close to me the moment Daniel reached them. Alaina took that as a hint to walk away.

Dimming my eyes at Daniel, I'm thinking of other ways to dismember his body. Maybe take his whole hand off to teach him a lesson. I can make him live without it. Or I can simply end his life.

"Good to see you, Enzo. And you..."

"It's Nova." Her tone is sharp. "What the hell happened to you?"

Daniel held up his hand with the missing fingers and gestured to his missing earlobe. "You haven't heard? Your brother-in-law had his way."

I scoffed. "He was teaching you a lesson."

"Lesson well taught."

Daniel seemed confident with the way he was talking to me. I hated it. I wanted to make his skin crawl and make him piss his pants.

I stepped up to Daniel and leaned into his working ear. "Don't act all bold because you are under the protection of Giovoni. I will get you facing our guns one way or another. Even if that means starting a war. I will demolish you."

Daniel backed off and touched my shoulder. "You should be glad I didn't have my way with your wife when she was in my possession."

I was quick to grasp his collar and lift him off the ground. I could feel Nova pulling me back. I didn't react to her touch. It only made me grip him even tighter. "You're asking for a quick death."

"No. You are." Daniel smiled.

I peered behind him finding men with their guns raised and pointed towards me. Behind me my men had their guns raised towards the other guys. I wasn't aware how they got to me quickly.

"Enzo." Rocco cleared his throat. "Enzo. Put him down."

I could have decided to make this a red wedding indeed. But when I saw Claire staring from afar and then back towards my wife who was holding on to her stomach, I backed off.

"We don't have a problem do we?" Giovoni asked Rocco.

"Of course not," he replied. "Tension is always high during these moments. Let me talk to my captain and I'll have a chat with you later." Rocco told Giovani then pulled me off to the side.

Clyde escorted Nova safely to his wife and the rest of the ladies. She looked back to see if I was ok. I gave her a curt nod. She had no reason to be worried. Rocco wouldn't do anything to me.

We walked out of the reception room and into the hallway. From here you can hear the music booming through the doors.

Rocco pulled his lips between his fingers and paced. "What the hell was that?"

"He said something I didn't like."

"So you publicly assaulted him at my wedding?"

"Was that an assault? Maybe I should have done more."

"Enough with the bullshit Enzo. I don't know what kind of games you are playing but you are old enough to understand when and where to start a conflict."