51) 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮

{ next day, July 4 1985, Independence Day.}

-Ariella POV, 2:15 pm-
I started to apply the curl cream into my damp hair as I tried to hold back my excitement, I've been waiting for this to happen for so long and I haven't even realized it! I'm so excited to go on this date with Eddie, he's not supposed to pick me up until another hour and a half, but I can't wait.

I sat down on the chair in front of my mirror and begin to do my makeup. I wasn't sure what to do yet, or what to wear yet, but I'll figure it out when I'm done. I picked out a lip gloss and mascara and applied them on, along with same face powder that I've been using since my freshman year, it's just so good! I want to look good, but I don't want to be too much, so I figured to just do what I usually do.

I sat for a few minutes, debating whether or not I should wear eyeshadow or not. I decided to wait to do it last to see if I could find a shade that'll match whatever outfit I wear.

I looked around in my closet and tried to decide on something casual, but something that Eddie would like. I decided on a pair of jean shorts that he complimented once, but I wasn't sure what top to wear. I stuck on a blue halter top and a red tank top, I wanted to look good, but not like a slut either.

" Stevie—." I called out into the hallway for my brother,  he peeked out of his doorway down the hall, " Yeah, what's up?"

" What color do you think I look better in, red or blue?" Steve smile back, " For your date, huh? Why won't you tell me who it is?" I playfully rolled my eyes, " Just answer the question!" He looked down at the floor, thinking for a second.

" Uh- I say blue because it brings out your eyes." We shared a smile, " Thanks Steve, I love you." I shut the door after hearing him repeat the phrase. I quickly changed out of Eddie's shit that I had put on from yesterday and into my outfit for the day.

I wore silver jewelry to match the ring Eddie gave me, I wore a necklace that Steve got me for Christmas when I was 13. After telling Mom and Dad how much I liked it, Steve was the only one that listened and got it for me. The necklace is beautiful, but I still don't know why I was so obsessed with it.

I then sat back in front of the mirror, trying to decide on how to do my hair.

-Eddie POV, 3:45 pm-
I nervously got into my van, setting the flowers I bought in the front seat beside me. I'm excited to finally take Ariel out, but I'm also scared of messing up, so scared that I even asked Wayne. And Gareth, and also Jeff. My uncle gave me some good tips, but I'm still a little nervous. I popped in a Van Halen cassette, thats the only band I have that I know she listens to.

I started my drive to her house, it's only 3:46, but I said I'd be there by 4. I tapped the steering wheel to ease my nerves as I pulled into her street. I parked in the driveway before pulling out my keys, and grabbing the bouquet of white and pink roses from beside me.

I walked up to the door and placed a knock on it. I was greeted by Steve, " Oh, hey Munson!" Her brother greeted with a smile, opening the door wider so I could walk inside.

His eyes traveled down to bouquet I was holding, and his mouth fell open. " Are you the one taking her out?" He asked and I began to rub the back of my neck anxiously, " Uh- yeah, did she tell you?" Steve shook his head while saying, " No, I'm not sure why she didn't tell me."

He then shouted her name up the stairs, " Shit- What?" Ariel called back, looking over the balcony by the stairs. " Shit! Hi Eds." She cursed out of slight frustration before greeting me. She then disappeared again for about 2 minutes before walking down the stairs.

Steve pulled her aside, " 'Ella! Why didn't you tell me! Im glad it's a friend and not some other asshole. I know he'll treat you right. Oh! You're wearing the necklace I got you!" He continued to speak to her a few feet away from me. Ariel called his name multiple times but he kept talking, " You still didn't tell me-"

" Bye Stevie, I love you." She hugged him before walking over to me, " Sorry Steve's just being Steve." She smiled at me, her smile grew when she noticed the flowers, I then handed them to her, too nervous to say anything, I don't even know what to say. She then looked up at me with a huge grin.

"Oh Eddie! You're so sweet! I love them. Hold on, let me put them in a vase, wait here." She kissed my cheek before walking into the kitchen.

She walked back into the foyer, "Ready?" I held my hand out for her, and she took it with that gorgeous smile on her face. "Bye Steve! I'll see you later, love you!" She called before we walked outside.

I was about to lead her to my van, until she stopped walking, I turned around to look at her. " What are you doing?" I asked as she whispered to herself while flipping through money that I didn't even notice was in her hand." Counting my money, there's no way I'm letting you pay for everything."

" There's no way, I'm letting you pay for anything. This is a date, sweetheart." I looked down at her and she grabbed my hand again, wrapping both of her arms around mine. " I know—, and I'm excited." I opened the door for her, and she got in with a smile.

I got in on my side, and she grinned. She smiled so big that I could see the pretty little dimple she had on only one cheek. "You look pretty." She complimented, she grabbed my hand again, and I noticed she had my ring on. I then brought her hand to my lips, placing a kiss on her knuckles.

She pulled my hand back towards her, kissing my hand back. "You also look pretty." I replied, looking into her eyes, I admired her face, she's so beautiful, everything about her is so perfect, down to every freckle that was scattered on her cheeks. Some people say perfection doesn't exist, it does; and it's her. I then looked away and started to drive us to the fair.

-Ariella POV-
I reached to open my door, but Eddie placed a hand on my thigh, " Uh-uh." He muttered to me, he got out and came to open my door. He held his hand out, waiting for me to grab his hand. I grabbed it and squealed when he unexpectedly pulled me out of the car seat and into his arms.

He held me about a foot off the ground, he leaned in and kissed me before setting me down. " Haven't got to kiss you yet today." He said just below his normal volume. I got on my toes to kiss him again, cupping his cheeks and pressing my lips against his. I felt his arms encircle my waist. His arm stayed on my waist as we walked into the fair.