100)"𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓭𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵?"

{continued from last chapter}

-Ariella POV-
" Kimmy, Julie, Ash, wanna stunt me?" I asked after I served my Volleyball over the net. Coach gave us a free day because not everyone has their clothes yet.

The three of them ran up to me, "I wanna get the extra practice for tryouts." I explained as they all got in position around me.

" Yeah, that's a good idea, Ariel." Kimberly told me before Ashley began to lift my hips. I stepped onto Kimberly and Julie's hands and then fully stood up.

" High V, Ariel!" Chrissy called, and I positioned my arms, we held it for a few minutes, messing around with different stunts and positions before class ended and everyone began to leave, only the cheerleaders and people that were trying out stayed.

I smiled when I saw Eddie walking in with Jason and Andy. And following was Patrick. Andy  is getting along with Eddie 'the freak' Munson? And he gave him that name.

What the actual hell? Could this day get any damn stranger? "Hi" I greeted as I hugged Eddie, "I never thought I would say this, but your fake Harrington, real fake, you never told me freak here,  was actually not too bad." Andy said to me, grabbing my shoulder.

" Actually, Andy, I did, multiple times last year, I told you to stop being such an asshole." I told him before I turned back to Eddie, I leaned close to him to whisper in his ear.

" I missed you." I told him, " Ariel! Wait-" Jason suddenly said loudly I looked over at him and mouthed something to me, " What?"

He mouthed it again and I translated it to, 'Did skip class to have sex?' I embarrassingly looked away, and I started to talk to Eddie. Is it that obvious I made out with him earlier?

" Too bad you have to leave when the judges get here, I already did my dance in May , so maybe I'll come with you." I tell him and he smiled down at me.

"Y-" I suddenly interrupted him with my excitement to tell him that, " Eddie! Did I tell you that Jess switched to my athletics? And her locker is right beside mine. " I told him and his damn pretty face fucking lit up.

"That's nice, maybe you can get to know her better." Have you been here? At all? " Eddie." I said, my eyebrows sewn together in petty anger and confusion.

" What?" He replied, " You- have you been here since- since August? Or have you been in like a trance since then?" I ask sarcastically, " What?"

" Eddie, I'm sorry but sometimes you are so clueless!" I exclaim, he's not even aware of how I feel about her, about them being together. He wasn't even aware of how I felt on that date. I wish I could just go back to it, it was so nice, but it didn't last that long.

Is he really loosing feelings for me?" Okay! Anyone that isn't trying out, or already has tried out has to leave, the judges will be here soon, and we don't have a lot of time." Our coach shouted, I picked up my bag and walked over to where Chrissy was to get my Pom-poms.

" He's such a douche." I whisper to her, " What happened?" She asks softly, " I- I really don't know. I'll call you when I get home." I told her before walking away and returning to Eddie.

"Am I taking you home?" Eddie asked, I didn't respond, I just looked up at him and began walking out to the parking lot.

" Ariel? Are you mad? Did I do something? Im sorry, I know you don't like her," Eddie said from behind me, before catching up to me, " Yeah, but she likes you."

" We talked about this. I don't like her like that, sweetheart, I only want you." He explained, but the look in his eyes was saying something different.

" Eddie, I trust you. But I just don't know. We're not even dating anyway, so it's fine." I said as I continued to walk to his van.

" I know, but it doesn't have to stay that way-"

" Look Eddie, you say all of this to me, but you only took me on one date, and you didn't even realize how I really felt! You never talked about it until I said something. I know you don't want to ask me out again because you would've by now, I asked you out multiple times and you didn't ever realize that it was a date! You can say whatever, but from how you've been acting, it's not going to add up." I explained in one breath, before opening the door.

"What? You never asked me out." Eddie explained, pettiness in his voice. "Can you just take me home?"

" You said you wanted it to be secret." He said, " Yeah, last week. Not last month. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Just tell me it's not real."  I told him as he began to drive into the neighborhood.

" What's not real?" He asks, " Are you coming to the pep rally next week?" I said, to suddenly change the subject, trying to avoid my feeling that we're about to start running down my cheeks.

" I'm not done, Ariel. I really don't understand, cut me some damn slack and start explaining." He says as he pulls onto my street.

" Just pretend it never happened. It's not serious enough to you anyway." I said as I opened the door and pulled out, Eddie called my name, but I was too hurt and embarrassed to turn around and respond.

I continued to walk and sat down at the steps on the walkway to the front door.

"Ariel, please." I heard, and I looked up to see him walking up to me. I turned my head away as he sat beside me. His large arms wrapped around me and hugged me. I found myself melting into his chest as he lightly pressed the side of my face to his chest.

-Eddie POV-

" I known you're upset with me. And I'm sorry. You know how I feel about you. The only reason I didn't ask you out or think that you were trying to ask me out, because, I'm- I'm scared. This is new to me, and I don't want you to get bored with it and end up with some jock." I explain to Ariel, my fingertips lightly running across her bare arm, slipping under her t-shirt sleeve.

" I'm sorry. Eddie I am. You shouldn't be apologizing. I just acted out, I got too comfortable, and I thought I could act any way to you. I'm a little scared too, I'm so much different than you and her, you and Jess. I just think I'm not what you really want." Her calmed voice says into my neck.

" Why because you're not a nerd? Why because you play sports? Why, because we like different things?" I ask her, trying to prove to her that just because we have differences, doesn't mean we can't make it work.

" No, I just feel you get along with her better. You dress the same, play D&D, listen to the same music,"

" So, that doesn't mean I feel any differently. I like you because of who you are. If she was cheerleader, I wouldn't be attracted to her. If you weren't into the things you do now, it wouldn't change how I feel about you. If you change as a person, feelings can change, love."

" But I feel like they are changing," she says, " What makes you think that?"

" Eddie, how do you feel?"