74) 𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓹𝓸𝓽

{a few hours later, Ariel's bedroom}

-Eddie POV-
I laid down on Ariel's bed with her, she was sitting up while I was laying across her with my head in her lap, I couldn't stop staring at her. She's just so beautiful.

I then noticed as her eyes started off, her face idle. " Sweetheart," She looked down at me, " Yeah?" She replied in monotone, " What's wrong? Are you okay?" I lifted my head from her lap and turned to look at her properly.

" Eddie, what are you and Jess?" She asked suddenly, " Just friends, why?" I replied, " Okay, what are you and me?" She continued, " Well, I-" I got stuck, not really knowing what we were. We're more than friends but we're not dating, so I guess.. " Friends with benefits?" I asked aloud, confused. I don't want to move too fast and scare her away, but we've been doing this for a while now.

" Are you friends with her like you're friends with me?" She asked, her voice changing from monotone to jealousy, " No, of course not, love." I replied, I would never be more than friends with Jess. I love my Ariel.

" -you promise?" She mumbled, " I promise." I assured, I was still confused about her strange behavior, she was fine a few minutes ago.

-Ariella POV-
I loved hearing Eddie promise to me again, we used to promise to each other all the time, but we haven't in a while. I feel like we might fall out. We haven't done anything together in a while, we haven't went to the mall, we haven't done anything then hangout at each others houses.

I want to move forward, I want to be more with Eddie, but I don't know what I want.

I feel like we're stuck, does he want to be more? If he did, wouldn't he ask me, or talks about with me? All we do is kiss and make out, and have sex sometimes. He doesn't come to see me at work as often anymore, the last time he did it was because he wanted to tell me about Jess.

Am I loosing him? Is he just fucking me until her can get to Jess. No, he promised. He said he'd never break a promise. Is he going to betray me just like Nathan did?

I felt frustrated tears drop on my cheeks, I quickly whipped my eyes, but Eddie had already saw.

" Hey, hey. Don't cry, baby. What's wrong?" He cooed, " I- I don't know! Okay? I want to be more, I- Eddie, I love you! But I-" I tried to explain how I felt but I just couldn't, I tried really hard but every time I talked it just wouldn't come out.

Eddie tried to comfort me and calm me down but I pushed him away, I sat on the other end of my bed facing my wall.

After I calmed down, I turned to Eddie, " Eds?" He quickly looked up at me, "What's up, beautiful?" He asked with a soft smile, " Can you- can you take me to our spot?" I asked, referring to our spot at Lovers Lake, the hill that led to the cliff over the lake, where he gave me rose quartz. I then remembered the words he told me that night.

***

"Look, it's rose quartz!" He handed me a small pink rock, " That's cool!" I smiled while looking at the small piece of quartz I held in my hand.

" It means unconditional love or some other sappy romantic shit." He told me, I smiled widely, " That's why I wanna give it to you, whatever romantic shit it means, 'unconditional love, strong love' I— um- I mean toward you, you know? Because you're a really close friend of mine." He explained.

***

I felt myself tear up again, why am I so emotional? He's never cried over me.

" Our spot? Oh! At Lovers Lake? You remembered that?" He asked, at first he didn't even know what I was taking about.

" Yeah." I said pushing through my tears. " Do you want to go now?" He asked and I nodded.

-15 minutes later, Lovers Lake-
Eddie led me to our spot. That he said he wanted to share with only me.

"Ariel," He said as he crouched down in front of the same place as he did last time, "Come here." He said and I sat down beside him on the grass, "I- I mean it this time, I meant it the last, but I mean it more this time. I want to tell you again because you seen really sad and it made you so happy last time," He said.

He pulled up a few rocks that he had in his hand, They were all pieces of rose quartz,  " You know- how I said that rose quartz means unconditional love or something like that? Well  I want you to know that I love you. I- I really hope I'm not taking it too far, but I love you Ariel. I love you so much, my love."

I mentally teared up at Eddie's words, I love him too, and I don't want it to end. I don't even know why I'm sad , I'm so happy that he even remembered that. But there's something else upsetting me but I don't know what it is.

He pulled me into a hug before then again asking, " What's wrong babe? " I pushed him away once again.

" Sorry, sorry. Ed I love you too. " I told him, he just pulled back into him, pressing my face into his shoulder.

He pulled away so he could see my face, " Sweetheart, talk to me. Please. What's upsetting you?" He looked deeply into my eyes, I admired his, I giggled when he cracked a a goofy smile.

" I'm fine, Eddie. It's nothing really, I promise."   I assured, he smiled and pulled me closer, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, he hugged back.

" Are you sure you aren't upset?" He asked, " What makes you think I'm upset?" I asked Eddie, feeling slightly annoyed they he kept pressing. " It's the way you're hugging me, you're not being.. you." He stated.

" I'm fine." I snapped, " I'm sorry, Eddie. I'm really okay." I told him for the last time. "Why was Jess at the pool for swim lessons, can she not swim or something?" I asked sarcastically, letting my jealousy take over.

" No, she's on the swim team, and she's joining Hawkins' swim team. She's actually really good." He told me, a smile on his face. His smile wasn't this big when we were talking about cheer.

" Oh really? Bet she won't make cheer." I mumbled sarcastically with a laugh, " What?" He said, " Oh, just nothing. Isn't she in your D&D club? Isn't she the dorky type?"

" I don't know, I guess?" Eddie replied to me, his goofy expression changing, 'Yeah, because you can swim doesn't mean you can cheer. Funny how she's trying to be me." I mumbled again.

" What Ariel? What do you mean ' trying to be you'? You're not the only cheerleader in the world." Eddie replied, " She never mentioned cheer before me, huh?"

My mind was foggy and I was just saying whatever came to mind, I'm so tired of hearing about Jess.

" Why are you acting like this?"