Part 23

There's a knock on the door. Nikki is in the bathroom probably getting ready and I bet it's Seth knocking. She's listening to loud music so I bet that's why she can't hear the knocking. I look at the bathroom door waiting for it to open and see if she comes out but she doesn't.

Theres another knock this time it's louder and still Nikki doesn't come out. I sigh annoyed getting out of the bed to get the door. It's Tuesday and it's only about eight in the morning. We should be leaving later on, about twelve o'clock or so. I wasn't planning on getting out of the bed at all but Nikki's boyfriend is making me. She could at least open it since its for her.

"Okay I'm coming geez!" I say after there's repeatedly knocking. When I open the door and see Dean standing there I immediately try to close it but he stops me. "Go away!" I say looking at the bathroom door hoping Nikki will come out but the music is so loud I can't even hear Dean talking. "Go away!" I repeat but he pulls me close to him. "No. I have to talk to you. Either you come with me or I take you."

I laugh annoyed, "I'm not going anywhere with you. Go pick up your little girlfriend." I cross my arms across my chest waiting for him to say something mean or to walk away but instead he stares at me. "Stop looking at me." I say trying to close the door again but he holds the door open. "You look lovely." He says. Is this a joke? I look down at my frog pajamas and I can't even imagine how messy my bun is. Not to mention I'm wearing glasses since I haven't put on my contacts. I feel myself blush embarrassed of my appearance. He's probably making fun of me. "Just go." I whisper looking down. "What? I'm serious. You look quite beautiful."

"Shut up." I say turning around. He walks in and closes the door. "Leave me alone." I repeat for the millionth time. "No you have to listen to me. And by the way Summer is not my girlfriend. I've told you before." He sits on my bed as I cover myself with the blankets.

"Leave. I don't want to see you." He gets up and doesn't say anything. After a few seconds I uncover myself and see that he's still standing there.. I thought he had left. "I know you don't want me to leave." He says and he's right. I don't want him to but I'll never admit it to him.

"Are you coming with me?" He asks stretching his hand. I shake my head no and he sighs looking at the ceiling. "Okay fine. I guess I'll have to force you then." He looks back down at me and next thing I know he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Put me down Ambrose!" I scream. How can Nikki don't hear this?

He walks out the door and closes it. I'm kicking my feet and screaming. "Hush. I told you to just come with me but you want to be a hardhead." He presses the first floor on the elevator walks in. "Put me down! You're a lunatic! You're crazy!!" I say, "Yes. I am." He says calmly. I sigh closing my eyes. "Please put me down."

"Nope. If I do you'll run away." The door opens and I'm hoping to God nobody is around right now because I don't want nobody to see me over Deans shoulder. He walks out and to the parking lot. "Where are you taking me?" I ask as he unlocks his car, he puts me down but as I try to run away he grabs me before I do. Wow he's fast.

"Are you going to get in? Or do I have to force you to get in too?" I look at the distance from his car to the hotel. I could easily get there in less than five seconds but then I look at Dean. A foot taller than me, more muscular than me, and faster than me. No way I could get away. So instead I get in the car. "Put your seatbelt on. I don't want you to run away as I try to get in the car."

I roll my eyes at him and buckle up. He gets in quickly and starts to drive away. "Where are you taking me, Ambrose?" He shrugs. "I don't know. Just away from here." He says as he turns on the radio. "What?! Just way from here? You don't even know where? See I'm telling you you're crazy!" He looks at me, "But you like crazy."

I start feeling intimidated by his look so I say, "Keep your eyes on the road." He turns back to the road and I examine his face. He's right. I like crazy.

~

"Come on let's go get a coffee." He say opening the door. "Are you insane? I'm not getting out looking like this." I say looking ahead. "I will literally pick you up again and take you in there." Knowing Dean I know he will. "But I don't want to." I whisper. "It'll be quick. I promise." He says, I get out and start to walk.

"I don't even have my shoes. I'm wearing slippers! I can't believe you're making me do this." I say walking faster, "Aj, calm down." He says catching up. We walk in and the people stare at me. I clear my throat and take off my glasses. "What are you doing?" He asks looking at me. "I already look stupid enough." I say avoiding looking at the people or him. "I like you with glasses. You look beautiful."

Beautiful? He's calling me beautiful? I walk away and sit on a table far away from the people. A few minutes later he comes with two coffees. "What do you need to tell me?" I say staring at the table. "I'm sorry. Truly, I'm so sorry." I look up and look into his eyes. "Sorry for what?"

He drinks some coffee and then looks me in the eyes. A shiver goes down my spine. "For hurting you. For being such a douche. For not having the courage to talk to you and tell you how I really feel about you." I hold my breath and bite the inside of my cheek until I can't hold my breath anymore.

"How do you really feel about me?"