16

Hermione was at work. She was the only one in and she almost screamed when an white terrier appeared out of no where.

"Hermione, we need to talk."

She breathed heavily when she heard his voice. After so many years...

"Meet me at the Leaky Cauldron at one."

The dog faded away and Hermione breathed heavily.

She felt the panic begin to rise but she did what Malfoy instructed.

She breathed deeply and let the panic wash through her. Not fighting it to make it worse. She was able to manage through it, tears ran down her face once she was done.

Her past was coming back into her life.

She waved her hand and everything put itself away. She took a deep breath and apperated. She reached an alley close to the Muggle entrance. She cast an identity spell and entered through the Muggle entrance.

Life was back in Diagonalley. Children with parents. Stores opened. Laughter echoed through the streets.

She entered the Leaky Cauldron and sat at the very back.

Ten minutes later...Ron walked in.

She stood up and knew it was her. They sat down and just looked at each other.

"How—"

"How are they?"

Hermione gulped.

"T-They're good..."

"You need to come."

Hermione gawked at him.

"What—"

"You need to come back Hermione, James, Henry and Lily need to be around family."

"And where was this family when their parents died?"

"We couldn't take them in, but now they need their family."

"I'm not uprooting my life to appease what you want, nor am I going to uproot their life now that they are settling in only to take them back to a family that has not made any form of contact for the last two months, I'd you want to see them, then come visit me, but I'm not moving."

She stood up abruptly and began to walk off.

"Then we'll let the courts dictate what will happen."

Hermione stopped and turned to him.

"Go ahead," she sneered, "do your worse."

"Revelio."

It took her a second too late to realize what he has said. A second too late to realize what he's done.

"Ron—"

Immediately everyone began to whisper once the original spell disappeared. For ten years she has stayed away. Not known for the war. Living a normal life without millions of eyes on her.

It all went down the drain in two seconds.

Immediately people began coming up to her and crowding her. Asking for pictures and autographs. Invading her personal space. Hermione was beginning to have a panic attack and this one she wouldn't be able to control. Desperately trying to get to the apperation point. She thought of a person instead of a place.

And that's how she appeared in the middle of Malfoy's office.

He looked up from whatever he was typing and was immediately in front of her once her legs collapsed. She couldn't breathe and scratched at her neck in hopes of opening up her windpipe.