35

Hermione was busy kneading the large ball of dough before Florence knocked on the counter.

"You see supposed to be at home," her boss and co-owner of the restaurant stated. "So why are you here?"

"Working," Hermione smiled, "you're in charge of the bills and administration, I am in charge of cooking and filling the books with wait lists."

"Cheeky," the woman said, "so how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay," she said softly, "I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor and from my lawyer."

"How are your kids?"

"They're spending the week with their grandparents."

"Okay. What can I help you with?"

Hermione smiled and shook her head.

"What is it Florence?" Hermione asked. "You hate cooking, that's why I'm the cook and you're the manager."

Florence sighed softly.

"There is a couple outside...very posh...and they say they're Draco's parents who want to talk to you."

Hermione slowly stopped kneading the ball before exhaling softly.

"They're outside?"

"I could tell them to go, I can say that you're not here."

Hermione shook her head.

"It's time I met them," she said. "Officially of course..."

She wiped her hands on her apron and looked into a small mirror, brushing out her hair before looking at Florence.

"You look great," the older woman said. Smiling softly at her.

Hermione took a deep breath and walked into the front where none other than Lord Malfoy and Lady Malfoy stood there.

"Miss Granger."

Hermione inhaled sharply before slowly going up to them.

"Erm...h-hello..."

Hermione led them to a table far away from the kitchen. They sat down and looked at each other.

No one spoke.

"So is it true Miss Granger?" Lord Malfoy asked after a moment, "that my son has been...fornicating with you?"

Hermione gulped.

"I'm...Uh—Malfoy—Draco...Draco and I are in a relationship..." Hermione whispered, "officially..."

"End it."

Hermione's eyes widened.

"What?!" She shrieked. She bit her lower lip and took a deep breath. "What?"

"You are not good for our son," Lady Malfoy said, "our son needs to be with someone—"

"Pure?" Hermione snapped, narrowing her eyes, "not dirty?"

"Yes," Lord Malfoy said without hesitation. "The longer our son spends his life with you, the longer you disrupt his life considering he does not uphold to his duty. It is his duty to bring an heir to the Malfoy line—"

"I am going to stop you right there," Hermione snapped, feeling her body vibrating with rage. Her magic burned through her veins as she glared at the couple, "your son is not a breeder he is a human being. Second of all, how dare you come here insulting who I am and telling me that after years of you ignoring him and pretending he's not real, you suddenly have the best interest of his life at heart? Who do you think you are?"