- S i x t e e n -

September 30th

Maddie's POV:

Some time has passed, and I've had a busy week. Today I have a photoshoot with Holden just because we haven't had a shoot in a while. Also, our podcast episode dropped and we got so much backlash it was actually insane. Billie's Howard Stern interview got pushed back because of my podcast and they want to make this as easy as possible and cut out anything that can make this worse.

Billie is at the studio today because she has a meeting, the label truly hates me now because they think that everything is my fault. They're not entirely wrong, but they're blowing this out of proportion. They hate that I talked about Kenzie and everything and that I did it without Billie present. I didn't even talk about Billie in my podcast, I told them my side of the story, just how Billie told her side of the story.

Billie's label can't really be mad at what I did because I did it for me, and the label has no control over what the fuck I do for my career. The label did stop the lawsuit regarding anything that has to do with me, they're only suing Kenzie for leaking the album.

Billie's also been weird as fuck, extremely weird. There's something she's not telling me and I don't know what it could be. She's not cleared to start making her album again, she probably has another week before she'll get cleared, she's been here every day, and I know she hates being cooped up and not being able to do anything.

I was finishing up a YouTube video when the front door opened, the dogs run over to the front door and it was Holden.

Holden: "Ilo and Milo!"

The dogs usually always make him fall to the ground.

Holden: "Maddie!"

Maddie: "Kitchen!" 

Holden: "Hey."

It hasn't been weird between him and me, I just know that he feels sorry for me and everything going on. No one knew that this much shit was going to come with Billie's album, or the wedding, or me getting a team. Overall, there's just so much shit happening all the fucking time.

Holden: "How are you doing?"

I shrugged.

Maddie: "It is what it is, and everything will end at the end of the day so I'm trying to not trip about anything too much."

He nodded at me.

Maddie: "So where are we shooting?"

Holden: "You'll see. Do you have your outfits packed?"

Maddie: "Of course I don't, but I promise I tried everything on and I know what I want to wear." 

Holden: "Okay."

...

It takes Holden and I another hour to leave my house and we start driving.

Holden: "I've been meaning to ask you this but what happened between Jesse and you?"

Maddie: "How do you know about that?"

Holden: "It was either Finneas or Claudia, I don't remember."

Maddie: "He caught me at some store in New York and then he just starts telling me how much the label loves Billie and hates his band. How Billie brings in all the revenue which duh, look at her. Have you seen her shows? Then he tells me that they have 60% of an album that they scrapped because they were joking when they played a certain song and now the label wants more songs that sound like that."

Holden: "Didn't you freak out when Jesse sent Billie flowers?" He's smirking. 

Maddie: "I didn't freak out that he sent flowers, that was nice. Billie lied about where they came from, said they were from Howard Stern."