- T w e l v e -

September 13th.

Maddie's POV:

Since Billie lied to everyone about being in New York when she really wasn't, she moved her plane to 5 in the fucking morning so she could be in New York by the time she was supposed to be. Her original flight was actually at 8 last night, but she insisted on staying home with me.

Despite her lying to her record company and her family, she did work on the album for a while actually. I know she enjoys making music when she isn't forced to.

The lawsuit is in full effect starting this week and for some reason I'm excited, I don't know the logistics of the law. Still, since Kenzie leaked Billie's album, Billie will get a fat check and they're trying to sue her under defamation of my name, but I don't think I'll win that because she didn't necessarily say anything bad about me.

Billie is currently begging me to go to New York with her, but I have to record the podcast and meet with Claudia's team tomorrow.

Billie: "Shorty, please it's just two days."

Maddie: "It's 3 days and I have the podcast and I don't want to make Holden edit it in a day, so I have to be here on Tuesday."

Billie: "Take a week off, you deserve it."

Maddie: "My podcast just hit number one, and you want me to take a day off?"

I can see Billie roll her eyes.

Maddie: "And besides, you're going to be doing press stuff and be busy. It wouldn't be fun for me, I'll just wait for you to come back."

Billie: "But I don't wanna go to sleep without you."

I just kept running my hands through her hair, I go to sleep without Billie damn near every night because of her album and how busy she is right now.

I actually don't meet with Claudia's team until Saturday and I did lie to Billie just because I'm going to be in New York next month for fashion week and I just don't want to go right now, I have a bad feeling about me going for some reason so I think it's best for me to stay at home in LA.

The wedding got leaked because of Kenzie and obviously, there's been negativity and the internet is thinking that Billie and I planned this so it promotes her album, but that's not the case at all and neither of us wants to be in this position right now.

It's lighter on Billie's end though of course, anytime something happens people blame me because they think that I'm influencing Billie and putting these ideas into her head, whole time it's life really. Neither of us planned this, and I kind of want to talk about it but I know how much I can share because of the lawsuit and everything.

My dad also saw the billboards and he texted me, I've been meaning to get a new number but it's just so much work to get one and tell everyone. It really threw me off obviously, the billboards aren't even something I did. Billie did them.

My whole birthday just passed and he didn't tell me happy birthday, he saw one billboard in San Fransisco and texted me 'Hey mad's I saw your podcast billboard and I just wanted to say I'm proud.' I've done so much more with my career and it just sucks, it really fucking sucks anytime I have to hear from my dad.

Billie: "What's on your mind shorty?"

Maddie: "My dad texted me."

Billie: "What?" She turned to face me.

Maddie: "He said that he saw a billboard in San Fransisco promoting my podcast and that he was proud."

Billie: "I'm sorry, I didn't know where they were being placed."