- T h i r t y f i v e -

December 17th

It's been a few days and nothing has drastically changed. Except for the fact that I see and talk to Maddie a lot more than I did a week ago. Milo is out of the vet and is expected to make a full recovery, she tore up a toy and ingested too much stuffing.

Today, however, is the only day I could meet with my label to pretty much call them out on their shit. Everything they did is completely fucked. It would be one thing if they were just doing that to me, but the fact that they took Jesse's idea and ran with it is crazy.

They didn't do that for my benefit at all, they know I bring in all the money to the company regardless. They did that for Jesse. They never ever cared about what it did to me and how it affected my life.

I saw Finneas after Maddie and I got back, and I told him everything. I meant what I said, I will be going to the ends of the earth to fix Maddie and I's relationship. I don't necessarily think it's going to take that much. I just.. I don't want to overstep, and even though she says that she believes me and she understands why I did what I did. I don't know why she would still want to be with me.

Maddie's recording a podcast episode with Claudia right now, and hopefully they'll be done by the time I'm done meeting with the label because I want to see Maddie after the fact.

Finneas and I are on the way to the studio right now.

Finneas: "Do you have any idea of what you're gonna say?"

Billie: "It would be one thing if they did that just because they hate me. They did that all for Jesse's benefit all while destroying my life in the process and that was so unnecessary."

Finneas: "I'm sorry all this happened, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you during some of it. I didn't know the full story either."

Billie: "It's cool, we were both blindsided."

We pull up to the studio and make our way in, as we're making our way to the meeting. Jesse was walking out, he walked past us.

Jesse: "Eilish." I turned to look at him.

Jesse: "It was a pleasure doing business with you." He saluted me and walked towards the door.

What is he talking about?

I looked at the wall of all the upcoming albums, looking for his new album. It comes out a week before mine.

Billie: "What the fuck?"

Finneas: "What?" He looked at what I was looking at.

Finneas: "His album got done after yours but gets to come out before?"

Billie: "Why can't I win?"

We walk into the meeting room and all the record heads are sitting there waiting for us. I start to speak but Finneas starts first.

Finneas: "First of all, what the fuck guys? Billie finished her album way before Jesse and his band finished theirs and their album gets to come out first? Second off, this whole thing was Jesse's idea? This had nothing to do with Billie the entire time, this was all for Jesse's benefit, all because you guys wanted to sign a failing band, and we had to take the fall for y'all? And this isn't even to mention the relationship that you guys singlehandedly ruined, and her album coulda BEEN finished if you guys didn't keep declining songs, and if you ever had any faith in her."

Someone starts to talk but he keeps going.

Finneas: "And finally, I should've walked out with Billie on Maddie's birthday when you guys were gonna make her choose between Maddie and the music. Because honestly at the end of the day, there's always gonna be another record label. Shit we could make our own record label, the possibilities are endless. We let a bunch of 50-year-old dudes just completely waste the last 3 months of our time. Your whole threat was you were gonna blacklist her, but really looking at it from a professional perspective, genuinely who wouldn't sign Billie Eilish, what?"