22.

Angel Reese
____

Same Day As Last Chapter

I rushed and threw my belongings in a suitcase. My heart is beating out my chest and my body is trembling.

Knowing that Flau'jae was in an accident is not sitting right with me. My mind is all over the place, it's like I have so many tabs open and they need to be closed.

I looked at the time to see it was 6:15

My flight leaves at 7:30PM, which means I'll land around 10. I quickly finished up with everything before rushing out the door.

I left making it to the airport and got through security. As I waited for my plane to board negative thoughts ran through my head

Not intentionally, but most of the time car accidents don't end well. I was knocked out of my thoughts by the intercom announcing that it was time for my plane to board.

Everybody got on and we did the normal procedures before taking off. To put a rest to my thoughts I forced myself to go to sleep.

I woke up to everybody exiting the plane before I stood up quick. I grabbed my book bag and rushed down the aisle.

After grabbing my luggage I headed out to where my driver was. He already knew the situation, so he moved at a decent pace.

From the airport we went straight to the hospital I was told she was in. As I walked through the hospital doors my heart beat sped up.

I feel emotional and angry all in one.

"I'm here to visit Flau'jae Johnson" I spoke to the lady at the front desk

"Okay and you're her?" she asked as she pulled the keyboard to the computer closer

"Girlfriend"

"After a certain time only family is allowed to visit" I took a deep breath to calm myself because if I show out in this establishment, I'm getting put out.

All of my patience is gone, so even though she didn't do anything I'm bound to snap on her

I busted out crying and she just stared at me, which irritated me more. Sometimes I hate people so much.

"What the fuck you mean, you sound stupid. So I can't go to her room?"

"You'll need permission from a family member and some type of identification"

I pulled out both my phone and my wallet at the same time. I took my ID out and slammed it on the counter.

"You should've said all that the first time, shit"

She called up to Flau'jae's room and got permission from mama Kia before letting me go. Soon as I saw her, I immediately started crying.

"I know, I know" Mama Kia said pulling me into a hug, "She gone be okay"

"Is she responsive?"

"Yeah, they just got her on a bunch of medication so it got her knocked" she said and I was happy to hear that

"Oh my god" I said in complete shock as I looked at her, "I can't even look at her"

"They said that she lucky to even be alive" she said while grabbing her phone from the chair, "I'm finna show you the pictures of the car"

I wiped my face as she pulled up the pictures. She looks so lifeless just laying there, it's worrisome.

She showed me the pictures and my mouth was open the whole time. The car is literally gone, like completely.

"I don't know what took place to cause the accident, but I know God works in mysterious ways"

"I don't even know what to say, I'm just shocked. What's the injuries?"

"Broken leg, she got a small burn on her side, non displaced fracture in her arm, neck injury from whiplash, and cuts and swelling on her face"

"I cannot look at her" I said while turning away as the tears came back, "She look like a whole new person"

"She do and I can't even cry no more, I done cried until I physically can't no more"

In that moment all we could do is comfort each other and pray. The doctors kept coming in and out checking on her.

In the morning they'll test her brain again to make sure she's not losing memory or anything. Their also gonna look at her back because it was some issue with her lower spine.

They're allowing us to stay overnight with her , so I got comfortable on one of the couches. Mama Kia laid on the other.

I was woken up to the sound of groaning and I realized it was Flau'jae. Looking around the room, I didn't see Mama Kia but her stuff is still here

She must've went to the bathroom

The sun was slightly shining and I heard the birds chirping from outside.

"It hurt" Flau'jae said in a raspy voice as I got up and approached the bed getting close to her

This is the first time I got close to her since I been here

"What you want, you want the doctor?" I asked as she whimpered in pain, "I'm gonna get a doctor"

I pushed the button beside the bed that alerts someone a doctor is needed. She was just whimpering and I felt sick to my stomach

I grabbed her hand to for comfort her the best way. I'm so angry that I can't even hug her.

I'm angry that I wasn't there to warn her or save her. For some reason, I feel like it's my fault.

"Baby I'm sorry" I apologized before a tear slipped down my face "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

She didn't respond because I'm sure she's in too much pain. A doctor came walking in which I turned my attention to.

"Ms.Johnson I'm glad you're awake because we're gonna get you tested in the next hour" she said while going over to the machine with Flau'jae's information

Mama Kia came walking through the door with a raised eyebrow.

"What's going on?"

"I hit the button because she said she was in pain and I didn't know what else to do" I answered while wiping my face

"We're gonna get her something to eat and something to numb the pain. She has to be fed on that medication though, it's strong" the doctor said as we listened

My phone started to ring before I made my way over to it. I picked it up to see it was my agent and reality set in.

I stepped out the room and answered the phone to talk to her.

"Angel you were supposed to be on set an hour ago. The driver has been waiting for so long" she said before I sighed

"I'm in Atlanta, my — Flau'jae got in a car accident" I said before she sighed

"I'm so sorry to hear that, but you're not supposed to up and leave" she said with a serious tone, "This is business, Angel"

"My girlfriend just got in a car accident and you want me to fucking worry about business. I don't care about that right now "

"Everybody's there waiting on us and you're in a different state. You're slo —" I hung up in her face because she's only pissing me off

She just made me so mad, I'm getting a new agent.
____

Oh y'all and nothing happened to Angel when she went with Endiya. She just had a hangover 😭