24.

Angel Reese
____

I stood in the mirror taking pictures of myself, I'm in a good mood today. God woke me up, my baby is practically healed, money long as ever, and my ass still fat.

Life couldn't be better.

When Flau'jae first got in the accident, I cancelled all of my bookings to be with her. Once my mom found out my bookings were cancelled, she got on my ass.

Mama Kia got on my ass too, and they made me go back to work. Which was expected because their go getters.

They were telling me it's okay to take a few days off, but taking off completely is a no. So, I haven't seen Flau'jae in two weeks, but today I'm surprising her.

I finished taking my pictures before putting on my shoes. After grabbing everything I needed, I left heading straight to Pappadeaux.

I picked up the to go order and headed her way. Gathering everything out of the car I went and rung the doorbell.

"Is that the Bayou Barbie?" Ameen said making us both laugh, "Is it?"

"Yes it is" I said as we shared a hug and I came all the way in. I went to the kitchen seeing mama Kia, who's doing I don't know what, "Hey ma"

"Hey my Angel baby" she spoke as we shared a hug, "How you been?"

"I've been good, working"

"You better be" I chuckled a little before Aydin came running out the living room

"You must've heard my voice from the living room" I said while picking him up and kissing his cheek

He was just staring at me in shock, he does it every time he sees me. It's almost as if he's trying to figure out if I'm a real person.

It's cute.

"Oh lord, I told you he think you his girlfriend" mama Kia said making me shake my head

"He is my little boyfriend, right Aydin?" he nodded his head with a huge smile

"Forever and ever" he said with a serious grin making us all laugh

"Yes forever" I agreed before I put him back down on his feet

"I know that's right son" Ameen hyped him up and I shook my head at the foolery

"I brought y'all some food because y'all love some Pappadeaux" I told them and as expected they got happy

"Thank you" both mama Kia and Ameen said in unison, "And Flau'jae upstairs, I don't know what she doing"

I left out the kitchen making my way upstairs to her room. She was singing and once she heard the door open she stopped

"Who that be?" she said before I chuckled to myself without saying anything, "What the fuck, I know I ain't tripping "

She came out the closet and once she saw me we both started laughing.

"You was finna get beat up" she said said making her way over to me, "I missed you, mamas"

"I missed you too" I responded as we shared a kiss and a long rug, "This recovery got you glowing"

She has a different glow to her, her skin is clear than before.

"That's that ointment they gave me and you know the cocoa butter gone do it every time"

"Well you look good as fuck baby"

"But aye one more week til I take these casts off" she said excitedly as I just smiled, "I'm outside"

It's like no matter what's she go through, she's gonna be happy. I'm so happy this whole incident didn't make her insecure or depressed.

"No you're not so you can throw that idea away" I demanded being serious because I don't like the idea

Her getting in that accident just makes me nervous and more possessive over her. It doesn't help that she fears nothing and wants to always be on the move.

"I hate to piss y'all off, but I'm going outside" she threw up her 4s and I rolled my eyes, "I'm not hearing nothing that y'all saying"

"Whatever, I brought you something and we're going to the movies"

"You brought me something?" She asked getting excited and I just laughed, "What is it?"

"Go downstairs and see, and our movie is later on tonight" I informed her before she nodded

We made our way downstairs because she was overly excited to see what I brought her.

"You got me Pappadeaux" she said pulling the food out of the bag before I stopped her

"Everything is not yours, I got food for everybody else too" I said as she watched me fumble through the food to get to hers

I slid her food over to her before she opened it and the look of exhilaration plastered across her face

"LET'S FUCKING GO" she yelled before my eyes widened and my mouth dropped

"You are so disrespectful" Mama Kia said, she was just staring Flau'jae down

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry" she apologized before busting out laughing, "Can y'all close y'all's ears?"

"No, you just need to control your mouth, God. 'Damn' and 'shit' okay, but don't drop no F bombs round me"

"Alright ima chill"

We ate and chilled up until it was time to go watch our movie. Our seats were all the way at the top in the corner because I don't want anybody to notice us

"Why you ain't tell me this was a horror movie?" Flau'jae whispered to me as the movie played

I laughed knowing she doesn't like scary movies.

"Because you wasn't gone come if I told you, it's new" I told her while continuing to laugh before she sucked her teeth

"Really Angel?" she said with a look of concern, "It's not funny"

"Just watch it, you'll probably like it"

The entire movie she covered her eyes and reacted dramatically to jump scares. I still can't believe this girl don't like scary movies.

We left and stopped for ice cream before going back to the house. I stayed for a little before gathering my stuff to leave

"So you really got a hotel?" Flau'jae asked while standing at my car, "You could've stayed here, stay here"

She's been holding me up for at least twenty minutes and will not let me leave.

"Flau'jae I told you I'm staying with a friend while I'm here for these two days"

"Oh, so you was dead ass?" she raised a eyebrow and I nodded, "You ain't got no friend down here"

"Yes I do"

"What's her name?" She asked before I started laughing

"Can you let me leave please?" I asked being serious because I hate driving in the dark, "We can talk about it on the phone while I drive back"

"Alright" she said before leaning in the window for a kiss, "I love you and be safe, mamas"

"I love you too"