26.

Angel Reese
_____

I threw the cardboard box to the side before sighing in relief. After an hour of unboxing I'm finally finished with everything.

I just got home about three hours ago and have been cleaning ever since. I haven't been home in Baton Rouge in about a month. I've been in Atlanta and other states working.

I came home to so many boxes, it's ridiculous. I appreciate everybody sending me things, it's just I hate cleaning up after.

After cleaning up everything, I headed straight to the shower. My shower lasted for about twenty minutes before I got out.

I washed my face and moisturized it before getting in the bed. I've been binge watching Law and Order, so I turned that on.

I'm trying to wait for Flau'jae to call me, which is honestly the whole reason I turned on the tv. Otherwise I would've went straight to sleep.

My eye lids are extremely heavy, but I'm trying to fight it. Flau'jae's been busy, so I haven't talked to her all day.

I laid across my bed comfortably tucked under the covers. One minute I was watching the tv and the next I was knocked.

My phone started ringing and I jumped up scared. I placed my hand over my heart while picking up my phone with the other.

It's beating so fast.

I simply answered Flau'jae's FaceTime call and laid back down after setting the phone up to where she could see me

"Damn I woke you up, I'm sorry mamas" she said as I watched her walk around, "You going to sleep in style though"

The Versace robe is definitely coming off, it's too hot

I was just watching her maneuver around as multiple people in the background just talked. As much as I wanna talk to her, I physically can't gain the strength to.

That's how tired I am.

She propped the phone up on something and I instantly saw that she was in her dressing room.

"Bae look at the fit" she said as she backed up and I examined her outfit, "You can't tell me I ain't put it on"

It's never a debated about if my girlfriend can dress. She gonna put that shit on every time.

"You look good baby" I said in a soft voice but loud enough for her to hear me

"You see it" she said while dancing before some girl ran over and started twerking on her

"Yo, you finna piss me off so bad" Flau'jae said while backing away and I could tell she was genuinely irritated

"So I gotta invade your personal space to get you to talk to me?" the girl said as I just watched having nothing to say

"You heedless as fuck, Niyah" Flau'jae said while coming over and picking up her phone, "Kilo come get your friend, where Kilo at?"

She started looking for Kilo before the tension in the room accelerated. After a while, I felt myself drift off to sleep before being woken back up.

"I know you tired so ima let you go, mamas" Flau'jae said before I simply nodded, "And please don't think I got something going on with that girl"

"Alright, goodnight love you"

The phone hung up and I turned off the room light before going to sleep. I woke the next morning and decided to take myself out.

Self care.

Self care.

Self care.

Sometimes all you need is time alone and space. Not saying that I wouldn't be one of Flau'jae's arms or something if it was possible.

That's a conversation for another day.

"Buy two get one free" the lady tried to persuade me before I started laughing, "You know you want to"

"You tryna get these sells in for sure" I said before she started nodding, "I only want one, maybe next time"

"You promise?"

"No promises" I said while handing her the shades

I paid before leaving out of the store going to another. On the way I stopped and got a medium cup of ice cream .

Something that I have no business eating.

I made my way to the jewelry fixer to get a few links in my watch removed. I'm not sure what's happening with my wrist, but all of a sudden my watch needs adjustment.

After getting the links removed I paid and proceeded. I don't think I should've paid to get them removed, but it is what it is.

"I'm gonna have to beat this girl off of me" I said to myself as I picked up this one piece outfit

I refuse to leave it in the store.

I continued to walk around the store picking up stuff here and there. This store is basically a Fashion Nova, it's just in person.

Eventually I made my way out of the store. Three hours had went by before it registered in my head to leave.

I love coming to the mall, it's one of my outlets. For the sake of my peace I'm not adding up the total amount I spent.

AGAIN .. self care.

I debated on whether I wanted to go to a restaurant and dine in alone. Nope.

I can see pictures of me on the shaderoom now: Basketball star #Angelreese spotted eating dinner alone.

I'm tired anyway, so maybe in another lifetime. I went home and ordered food from Uber eats. Going out alone isn't as bad as I thought, I can honestly get use to it.