4. Friends in Low Places

Tywin sat at the head of the table as the other masters followed in taking their seats. Tyrion, and Cersei took the seats as well but Cersei moved her chair to sit at her father's right side. Tyrion took his chair and moved it as well, it scraped along the floor to the opposite end head of the table.

'Intimate. Lovely. The table And chairs are better than the old small council chamber conveniently closer to your own quarters. I like it.' Tyrion noted getting comfortable.

'What news of Jaime?' Tywin said looking around the table '20,000 unwashed northerners have known about the escape for weeks, collectively you control more spies and informants than the rest of the world combined.' Tywin reminded them getting more and more aggravated by the moment. 'do you mean to tell me that none of you have any motion of where he is?"

'We are trying my Lord' Varys said 'there's the-'

'Try harder.' he demanded 'what do we have then?'

'Robb stark and most of his Bannerman are in the riverrunn for the funeral of his grandfather Lord Tully and in the starks absence Bolton holds Harrenhal. Which would seem to make him Lord of Harrenhal in practice if not in-'

'The name suits our purposes, more on that useless pile of rubble the Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Ayryn.' Tywin told Petyr.

'For which I am extremely grateful to you my lord...' Petyr said 'Lady Aryn and I have known each other since we were children she has always been positively predisposed towards me-'

'Make it work, Lord Baelish.' Tywin snapped.

'Titles do seem to breed titles.' Petyr acknowledged.

'You will leave for the erie as soon as possible and bring lysa aryn into the fold and the young wolf can add the Aryns to the list of people who is taking up arms against him.' Tywin informed him.

'Far be it for me to hinder true love,' tyrion added 'but Lord Baelish's absence would present certain problems the royal wedding may end up being the most expensive event in living memory. Summer has ended hard days are a head. It is not a good time to leave the kings crowns finances unattended.' Tyrion reminded them.

'Fully agreed' Pycelle said

'Which is why I'm naming you the new master of coin' tywin told him.

'Master of coin?' Tyrion questioned shaking his head.

''it seems to me that is the best position that suits your talents.' Tywin added smugly .

'No I'm quite good at spending money.' Tyrion reminded him, 'but a lifetime of outrageous spending has not taught me about managing it.'

'I have no doubt he will prove equal to this challenge.' Cersei told him.

++

"Seriously?" Rieka questioned. "You know how much you are paying Bronn alone?"

"No." Tyrion admitted.

"And they are going to put you in charge of all the money, I suppose you can't dig yourself deeper than robert did." Rieka offered.

"YOur confidence is overwhelming."

'You're such a dear,' Margaery said taking Sansa's hand.

'I will take my leave... Lady Sansa, ' Loras said walking off

'Thank you sir Loras,' Sansa said looking after him

'Come,' Margaery said leading them to her grandmother. 'lady Sansa it is my honor to present my grandmother the lady Olenna of house Tyrell.'

'Kiss me child ,'she said holding out her hand for Sansa to kiss. 'it is so good of you to visit me in my foolish flock of hens. Very sorry for your losses.'

'And I was sorry when I heard of Lord Renly's death. Lady Margaery said he was very gallant.' Sansa told them.

'Gallant yes,' Olena agreed 'and charming and very clean he knew how to dress and smile and somehow this gave him the notion he was fit to be king''

'And he was brave and gentle grandmother, father liked him so did Loras.' Margaery added.

'Loras is young and very good at knocking men off horses with a stick that does not make him wise as for your fat flower of a father-''

"What do you think of the Tyrells?" Rieka pondered seeing them with Sansa.

"I dont know, why?"

"Cersei doesnt seem to like them." Rieka whispered.

"You and Cersei sitting around gossiping like a few hens." Tyrion remarked.

"I dont think you said that right." rieka countered. "Clucking like a few hens... Gossiping like-"

"Doesnt matter." Tyrion assured giving her hand a tug and pulling her to a stop. He wanted so badly to kiss her.

"I like the scar." Rieka realized cocking her head to the side.

"You do?"

"Yeah, makes you look rugged." Rieka realized.

"Oh? Like a north man?" Tyrion mused.

"Sure," Rieka teased.

'Grandmother what will Sansa's think of us!' Margaery exclaimed.

'She might think we have some wits about us one of us at any rate.'

''Are you going to bring us our food are we going to starve to death?' Olenna called passed them to a server. 'Here Sansa, come sit with me. We've heard some troublesome tales is there any truth to them? Has this boy mistreated you?" Sansa stayed silent. 'Has he ripped out your tongue?" Olenna questioned.

'Joff- King Joffrey he... his grace is very fair and handsome and fit and as brave as a lion.' Sansa said nervously

'Yes all Lannister the Lions.' Olena agreed, 'and when a Tyrell farts it smells like a rose but how kind of see how clever does he have a good heart and gentle?' Olena asked

'I'm to be his wife I only want to know what he is like.' Margaery asked innocently.

'Tell us the truth no harm will come to you.' Olena agreed.

"Sure, sugar coat it why dont you." Tyrion mused as they walked.

"Okay I have to go snoop." Rieka remarked.

"No, stay with me, spend money, save money with me!" Tyrion requested.

"I need to have something on the tyrells to give to Cersei."

"Why?" Tyrion countered.

"Because thats what friends do." Rieka answered as she ran off.

"You and my sister are friends?"

'My father always told the truth.' Sansa remarked

'Yes he had that reputation,' Olena told her 'and they named him trader and took his head.'

'Joffrey,' she corrected. 'Joffrey did that he promised you'd be merciful and he cut my father's head off and then he said that was mercy then he took me up on the walls maybe look at it.'

'Go on,' Margaery encouraged.

'I... I can't I never meant... My father is a traitor my brother as well I have traders blood please don't make me say anymore.' Sansa stammered.

'She's terrified grandmother just look at her.' Margaery noted

'Speak freely child we would never betray your confidence I swear it,' Olena told her

'He's a monster.' Sansa told them

'Oh that's a pity.'

'Please don't stop the wedding.' Sansa begged.

'Have no fear the Lord oaf of high garden is determined that Margaery should be queen, but we thank you for the truth.'

It was good having friends in low places.