20. Avalon

"Think about it." Tywin requested.

"I will definitely probably think about reminding myself to do that." Rieka agreed.

"It's good for a maester to check on the progress-"

"And check if I have a hostile womb?" Rieka countered. "I don't want an old man shoving his fingers up my cunt. I'm sorry but I already married one old man that gets to do as he pleases with my body, I don't need a stranger doing it."

"Old?" Tywin countered.

"My handsome old man, yes." Rieka agreed.  "Have you seen Avalon at all?" 

"Not recently, probably out hunting." Tywin suggested kissing her temple. 

"Probably." Rieka agreed but something felt off. Hours passed with no sight of Avalon, Sansa was locked up in her chambers avoiding the world, avoiding her husband before the wedding began and Rieka was a nervous wreck. 

 "Avalon?" Rieka called out. "Avalon? Come here girl!"

"Something missing?" Joffrey sniggered out. Rieka paled. He couldnt have. 

"What did you do with my wolf?" Rieka demanded marching towards him.

'Guards!" Joffrey countered quivering back.

"What did you do!" Rieka snarled. 

"Guards, restrain her!"  Joffrey commanded but as quickly as Rieka was grabbed she was let go at Tywin's command. 

"Let her go this instant."  

"I am the king!" Joffrey spat. 

"You keep reminding us." Tywin agreed calmly. "Now what is the matter?" He felt like he was dealing with Children whenever Rieka and Joffrey were in the same vicinity. 

"Avalon is missing and Joffrey did something to her!" Rieka shouted. 

"I would never!" Joffrey corrected. "I dont like to get my hands dirty." Rieka launched at him again and Tywin held her back this time. 

"Where is she!" Rieka demanded. 

"Just wait and see, wolf girl." 

Wait and see she had to because the royal wedding started and joffrey looked smug as ever. Rieka left early and searched high and low for Avalon but she was nowhere to be found. Her last piece of home. 

When she got to the capital she hadnt heard about what happened with Joffrey and the wolves, she had been at the wall with Tyrion at the time. Then she befriended Cersei and Cersei convinced Joffrey to spare Avalon. Cersei and Rieka had a bond, a twin bond, losing both of their other halves for a time brought them closer together. 

Avalon however had been with Rieka though it all and now the thought of her being gone was like ripping away the last bit of north she had left in her. 

"She will turn up." Tywin assured dragging Rieka to the feast. "She loves food, she will be wandering around begging for scarps before you know it."

"I hope you are right." Rieka murmured as she filled her plate, but she couldnt eat anything. She stared down into her wine glass and prayed Avalon was safe. 

"You look radiant by the way." Tywin remarked kissing her temple, she leaned into his touch, finding a miniscule amount of comfort while her brain was spiraling waiting for Avalon to emerge. 

"If only you knew I put my red dress on so I could watch you take it off." Rieka added softly. Tywin smiled down at her kissing her lips this time. It was a nice comfort and her mind stopped worrying for the moment his lips were on hers, until Oberyn came up to them, as handsome as ever in his golden attire. 

Oberyn smiled charmingly but Rieka was to distracted, she heard Tywin and Cersei making their remarks and Oberyn and his lover countered ever so pleasantly but Rieka couldnt hear what they were saying past the ringing in her ears. She could feel it. Something bad was coming. 

The dwarves came running out and low and behold Avalon's head was their main prop. 

Rieka fell to her knees, choking for breath. Joffrey's head turned snidely to her. As if what the actors werent portraying was bad enough, Robb's demise they had to go and kill her wolf on top of it. 

Rieka couldnt breathe, her Avalon her precious Avalon was dead and it was all Joffrey's fault. Rieka knew if she hadnt provoked Joffrey that Avalon might still be alive but what evil man takes out that sort of aggression on an innocent animal? A monster. Tywin pulled her into a chair as big fat tears ran down her face.  

Tyrion glanced to Rieka, he hated this event as well, it was meant to humiliate him but it was Rieka's wolf, he could tell. He spent a lot of time with Avalon. She was the sweetest wolf, so loyal to Rieka. Tyrion knew that Avalon was the last piece of the north, the last piece of Rieka's father she got to hold onto. 

"I want him dead." Rieka hissed. "I want his head!" she seethed through clenched teeth. "I want that monster dead." 

And it was as if the Gods looked down at Rieka Stark and agreed that Joffrey should die for what he did because Joffrey Baratheon, King of the seven kingdoms dropped dead before them.