● Five ●

"Pregnancy tests?" The blond muttered, his brow twitching in irritation as he removed his black and orange boots. "What the hell is that all about? I used protection." He glanced up to watch the omega rummage through the white bag he had brought home. 

"I know you did." Izuku nodded, pushing past several boxes. "So many..." He mumbled quietly, confused by the different brands and functions. A silence roamed as the greenette took out the small packages, setting them all side by side to count them. Katsuki stood silently behind him, still wearing his dirty hero costume as he thought about a thing that had been stuck in his mind for a few hours now. 

"Have you been fooling around with another alpha?" The blond grumbled his voice barely heard as emerald eyes immediately shot to crimsons. Izuku displayed a shocked face, soon turning into one of disgust and hurt. 

"No. God, no. You're my mate, I don't need anyone else. It disgusts me that you think so low of me." The omega admitted with a whine, turning his attention back to the pregnancy tests. Another silence roamed as the freckled man touched every test, counting them in his head before stepping back. "There are seven in total. You didn't have to buy so many, y'know?" He mumbled, gathering them in his arms as he shifted towards the bathroom. 

Bakugou stuffed his hands in his pockets as he followed his partner, stopping in the doorway to stare at the greenette as he picked out a test. "I didn't know which one was best. I grabbed the best-looking ones." He shrugged. He fiddled with his belt as he took it off, speaking again. "You know each pregnancy test cost me 1595¥? That shit is expensive." He muttered, looking down again. "You basically owe me about eleven thousand yen." He scoffed, earning an eye roll from the greenette. After all, he and Katsuki both paid the bills together and managed their finances as a couple. 

"Alright, I'll take these two. They seem to be the most trustworthy - I came across some articles this afternoon about pregnancy tests. These two brands were on the list of most accurate tests." He mumbled to himself. "Do you mind closing the door for me, please?" He continued, and Bakugou obeyed. He closed the door, leaning against it so he could continue their conversation. 

"So... When the tests come back as negative - which they will - what are your other options? Were there any other results for your condition?" He asked, slowly taking off his gloves. 

"Cancer was another option." Izuku muttered from the other side. Bakugou sighed, his heart aching at the words. 

"It might be entirely something else, too. Who knows?" He shrugged, pressing his forehead against the door. He remained silent as he waited for the omega to finish his business, eventually opening the door again to let the blond see. Katsuki was quick to glance over to the two pregnancy tests, sitting on the sink, side by side. 

"The blue test says it takes about three minutes for the results to be clear, and the pink one asks for five minutes." Izuku explained, pointing at each stick as he took a seat on the toilet. He glanced down at the timer on his phone, sighing as it had only been thirty seconds. Bakugou leaned in the doorway, far enough to be unable to see the test results clearly. 

"So what exactly are we going to do if this does end up being positive?" The alpha muttered lowly, glancing down to his baggy pants. A silence roamed as Izuku thought for a moment, unsure what to respond. 

"I'm not sure. Do you... Feel ready to become a dad?" The greenette questioned, glancing up to crimson eyes. He watched as blond brows furrowed, the tall man snarling as he responded. 

"Of course I fucking am. I'll be the best damn parent out there, too. You know there's nothing I can't handle." The blond looked away with a scowl. Izuku smiled timidly, looking down to the timer again. 45 seconds in.