● Twenty-Seven ●

Katsuki grumbled as his alarm resonated through his ear. He shifted in bed as his lover groaned by his side, sliding out from under the covers to make his way towards the nursery. Moon was now 5 days old, and they had been told to feed her every two to three hours. She wasn't a very big crier, which is something the new parents were very grateful for. But even though they weren't woken up by their daughter's cries, they were still awoken every 3 hours by an alarm reminding them to feed her.

He was quick to make his way to the kitchen, taking out a bottle from the fridge before removing the cap and setting it in the microwave for a few seconds. He made sure to stop the machine before it could beep and alarm his sleeping partner and child, checking to make sure the milk was warm enough by dabbing some on his wrist. Once he made sure it was good enough, he screwed on the nipple to the bottle and quietly made his way back down the hall. 

"Hi, beautiful." Katsuki hummed, tiredly rubbing his eyes as he shifted into the nursery. He peeked down into the crib, where his daughter rested comfortably, swaddled neatly in a soft blanket. Her mouth opened, a whine escaping her throat as she opened her eyes to the sight of her shirtless father sending her a smile. She groaned as the blond gently unwrapped her, letting her stretch her arms and legs before picking her up. 

"Feeding time." He muttered, taking a seat in his omega's rocking chair. He sighed as he settled her comfortably in his hold, hearing her little groans as he held the bottle down to her mouth. He smiled as she frowned, hesitant before taking the silicone nipple into her mouth. "There you go." He hummed, relaxing his shoulders as Moon drank. He closed his eyes for a moment before looking back down, leaning to the side to grab a rag. 

"Messy little girl." He chuckled, wiping away some milk from the corner of his pup's mouth. He sighed as he leaned back again, admiring the newborn with a tired smile. "Such a pretty princess." He complimented, hearing her short groans as she swallowed. 

He patiently sat back as he watched the 6-ounce bottle drain itself to nearly half, setting it aside as he got ready to burp her. He knew babies usually drank two to three ounces of milk every 3 to 4 hours, for the first few weeks of their lives. Inouye Kasumi had taught him a lot about breastfeeding and bottle feeding during their stay at the hospital, and since he thrived to become a good father, he wanted to learn as much as he could and be good at the things he learned. 

They had been home for three days now, and Bakugou had insisted on taking care of diaper changes and feedings, except for when Izuku wanted to breastfeed. He knew his omega was still sore from birth, and wanted to spend some time to work on his body for a bit. It's not like he had anything better to do, anyway - Plus, he loved his daughter. Moon had only been around a few days already and he loved her more than he loved himself. 

He hated leaving her out of his sight or putting her down in her crib for a nap, he'd rather have her sleeping in his arms just to admire how cute she was. Her little wrinkles and facial expressions whenever she was focusing on digestions, and the gurgles she made whenever she stretched. She wasn't a very loud baby and the couple loved that about her, how they could relax without having to worry about cries and tantrums, though they knew that would probably change with time. 

"There you go." The alpha hummed, gently resting Moon against his shoulder blade. He was careful as he tapped two fingers on her back, shushing quietly as he waited for her to digest. Burping would usually have two different outcomes; she's either burp or throw up. 

Being a parent on television and in books sounds like a fairytale. It had only been five days and both men had discovered that parenting wasn't all cupcakes and rainbows. Diaper changes were horrible. Her poops weren't solid yet, and mostly came out liquid or in diarrhea. And it smelled absolutely foul. It took everything out of the blond whenever he changed her diaper, trying his best not to gag or throw up at the smell. He knew this was all apart of raising a child, and he didn't want to complain or be immature about this. 

"Good, good girl." The blond cooed, suddenly hearing his daughter hic on his shoulder. "Big burps." He chuckled low, hearing her release a short, quiet burp. He smiled as he rested her down on the changing table, undoing her onesie to peek inside her diaper. He smiled wider as he buttoned over her pajama once more, gently rubbing her stomach. "No diaper change needed now, huh?" He spoke quietly. 

The father smiled as he picked her up again, making sure to keep her head supported as he rested her back into her crib, wrapping her up once more. Babies slept better wrapped because it apparently made them feel safe and secured. Wrapping makes nighttime feedings and diaper changes much easier, and can help baby sleep for longer stretches. He knew he probably wouldn't always wrap his daughter for during sleeps, but for the time being, it seemed like the smartest option. 

The blond remained quiet as he gently rubbed the child's tummy, watching her face twist as she yawned. He smiled as she drifted off to sleep within a few minutes, finally able to return to bed. He was soon returned to the comfort of his bed, wrapping strong tattooed arms around a resting omega, planting his nose in freshly-cut green curls. 

"Was she dirty?" The omega muttered, half-asleep. 

"No, she'll probably need a diaper change in an hour or so." The taller hero sighed. 

"You made sure that the baby monitor was on?" Izuku asked, a hint of concern laced in his voice. 

"Yeah." The blond muttered. "Get some rest. I promised you I'd take care of everything. You've gone through enough already." He continued. 

"Yeah, it's sweet of you." Midoriya breathed. "But you should still let me do more. I can handle it, I promise." He spoke, shifting to his back as he glanced at rubies. The room was dark, illuminated by the light of the hallway. It was only 3 in the morning, both men being tired and wanting to sleep. 

"You just gave birth, for fuck's sake. You spent the last three days in bed. Take it easy, I can handle this shit right now. I'm doing good too, so far." The alpha proudly spoke, a grin taking place on sharp features. Izuku hummed as he forced a tired smile, unsure as he looked down. 

"You're doing great, I admit. But I'd like to have a chance to be around her a bit too. I know I've been tired and resting a lot, but starting tomorrow... Do you think I can change her diaper a few times?" He asked, looking over to crimsons. Katsuki paused, freezing as he sighed. 

"I mean, if you really want to change diapers, go ahead. Don't overwork yourself though." He chuckled, brows furrowing in confusion. 

"Well... I don't just want to change diapers. I want you and I to share chores. You've been changing her, burping her, feeding her, wrapping her, cuddling her... I've only breastfed her twice since we're home. I want some time with Moon too." He muttered, earning a sigh from the other. 

"Alright, alright." Katsuki groaned, resting back against his pillows. "I get it. Get some rest. Starting tomorrow, we'll share chores." He spoke, opening his arms as he watched the greenette shift around. He smiled as Izuku curled up into his side, sighing as he took a comfortable position in his arms. 

"Thank you." The small man huffed, closing his eyes with a yawn. "I love you." He continued, shifting comfortably in his alpha's hold. 

"Yeah, love ya too, nerd."