Chapter 12: The Straw Hats Log Recorder Yamato

A/N: I don't own one piece

Here's another chapter and I hope you like it.
I had a friend give me some cool ideas so I made sure to include them here. Sorry it's been longer than usual I just couldn't find time to write.

Oh and just a heads up I decided that if this story ever gets 10k reads I will do a smut chapter. I believe it can happen so that's why it's higher than I first planned it to be. We're at 4k reads so I'm looking forward to this story growing

Let's begin
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

The waves rocked the Sunny as it sailed across the ocean. The crew had left the island a few days ago and they were now sailing to wherever the sea takes them. Normal activities amongst the crew had started up once again and everything had returned to normal.

Zoro was taking a nap on the upper deck near the back of the ship with Chopper resting on his lap. Robin was reading a book and giggling at how cute Chopper looked sleeping.

Franky Usopp and Jinbei were talking amongst each other near the helm. Nami was drawing maps and checked the weather conditions for the day. Brook was having tea inside the kitchen while Sanji was washing the dishes.

But there were two figures who could be seen gazing up toward the clouds while they sat hand in hand. Those two are the captains of the Straw Hat Pirates Monkey D. Luffy. And his official girlfriend Yamato the child of former emperor Kaido.

The two of them had been slowly understanding how a relationship works and with a little help from the crew had become an actual normal couple... well as normal as a relationship between those two could be.

They had been staring up at the clouds in an unusual silence for the two. They have been lying here for the past hour simply enjoying each other company.

But for Yamato, there has been something that was eating at the back of her mind ever since she first joined.

What was she to the crew? And why didn't she have a position yet?

It's a broad question but if you think about it you can understand where the Oni came from asking it. Everyone in the crew had their designated position and their own job that they were either given or asked for. But Yamato doesn't have one, she just relaxes, messes around with Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper, or she spends alone time with Luffy.

Yamato doesn't just want to be a friend to the Straw Hats, she wants to be a crew member. She wants a position that is hers that will impact the crew and will take off the load from the others.

But that wasn't the main reason for her dilemma. The main reason was that she wanted to assist Luffy. Yamato wanted to be there and help her captain to become King of the Pirates. And he wasn't just her Captain, he was hers... it was her Luffy.

'Huh, my Luffy... I like the sound of that, Yamato thought to herself as she looked to her left to see Luffy resting beside her.

But unfortunately for the Oni, she couldn't figure out any position aboard the Sunny. She talked with Nami and Robin early in the morning after she woke up and asked if they had any ideas.

After some talking the three of them couldn't find out any position for her. That left Yamato a little bummed out ever since this morning. She thought recalled a job that had a crew mate take count of all the crew but she didn't just want a random job.