Chapter 28: The Voyage to an Execution, and Zoro's Ultimate Technique

A/N: I don't own one piece

I'm hoping this was worth the wait and I definitely plan on making trying to upload more from now on. I hope you like it and like and comment it helps out a lot and I love interaction with all you.

and with that out the way Let's begin

————————————————

The Ship carrying Luffy was about to reach its destination. With the help of the currents and a secret passageway, they arrive right on the expected time.

At the time of arrival, it would be 2 days until his execution so they were quickly setting up defenses and transforming the once bland Logue town into an iron fortress. They evacuated the civilians and instead replaced them with soldiers.

Not being able to hold the execution at New-Marineford was definitely a blow to the marines. But due to an attack from the Blackbeard Pirates it was an unavailable place for execution.

Currently, the once energetic and wild Luffy was instead lying on the ground... not even moving.
(Think of the cell and chains Doflamingo was trapped in after dressrosa on the marine ship)

Watching him was the admiral Fujitora, who volunteered to "watch" him during their final day of travel. Truth be told the Admiral had struck up conversations throughout the day and the two had gained respect for each other.

For Fujitora his admiration for the pirate only increased... yet it also continued to confuse him.

'Why was Straw-hat so different than other pirates?'

When the two departed in Dressrosa Fujitora could sense there was something different about him compared to others he captured and fought. All Straw Hat wanted was to feel freedom and to make others smile.

The admiral couldn't believe he'd feel sympathy for a pirate but this child has done the impossible.

He smiled silently to himself as he thought about their earlier conversation about his crew. He seemed to treat them like a family and he found out he planned to wed one of them.

At first, he thought it was the Devil Child Nico Robin or maybe the Cat burglar Nami but to his surprise it was the newest edition of his crew, Perhaps in another life, it might have been different.

He thought back to the hearty laugh he gave as Straw-Hat described her in extreme detail with a large smile on his face.

'It seems love doesn't discriminate even amongst pirates', He thought.

But his soft smile was gone as his closed eyes furrowed and his thoughts returned to the matter at hand.

This was their prisoner, and he was going to be executed very soon. He could sense Straw Hat lying there not moving in the slightest.

"Anything on your mind Straw hat?", the admiral asked.

Luffy remained quiet for a moment before softly responding, "I'm just thinking... about my brother..."

"Fire fist?"

"Yeah...", He responded.

The admiral nodded.

Luffy gazed up at the ceiling with flashes of Ace appearing in his mind. He couldn't shake the guilt he still feels to this day from that terrible war.

"You know Straw Hat... I was only a recruit at the time of the war of the best. And I remember hearing you making... quite the entrance", The admiral said which caused Luffy to begin giggling.