Chapter 21: Luffy's Strange Proposal

A/N: I don't own one piece. Here's a new chapter completed and I hope you enjoy.

As always thank you to AverageOPenjoyer for editing the story, your incredible so good check out his stuff.

I'm glad everyone's been enjoying the story and I have a feeling you'll all like the next chapter.

Anyways let's begin

—————————————————

Yamato was frustrated

She had just finished writing the crew's recent adventures in the logbook. And now she had nothing else to write. This made her upset since in her mind,  how could she be useful to the crew without anything to do?

It was evident that something with the Oni was wrong when they could hear her wooden clogs hitting the floorboards at a back-and-forth pace.

Jinbei was the first to look down from the helm and see her pacing back and forth on the deck with white eyes and a scowl present on her features. Jinbei locked the wheel into position and walked down the stairs and toward her.

"Yamato"

This knocked Yamato out of her brooding and turned her attention to the helmsman, "Oh... Hey Jinbei, you want anything?".

Jinbei shook his head and glanced down at the quartermaster, "I noticed you pacing back and forth from the ship's helm, is there anything bothering you?".

Yamato seemed shocked yet looked down to the deck. She hasn't even realized she's been doing this the entire time. She sighed and shook her head, "I'm fine Jinbei, Sorry I guess I didn't even realize what I was doing". Yamato smiled, "It's nothing really, I was just upset I had nothing else to record in the log book".

Jinbei nodded, "It seems you finally caught up with all our adventures". He paused, " This may not be a bad thing though... you've not had much free time to spend however you'd like. The crew doesn't require you to constantly work you know".

She knew Jinbei was right, but it still hurt her pride to be doing nothing when she could be doing something. Jinbei noticed her aura and said, "You could spend some more time with Luffy even, he's been in a bored mood for the last few days".

Yamato snapped out and looked toward the Sunny's figurehead and saw Luffy's body draped over each side in a state of melancholy.

Yeah.... Luffy looked bored

Yamato saw this and a smile appeared on her face. That's how she'd spend her time until something else happens... she'll spend it with Luffy.

"That's it! Thank you Jinbei!", Yamato said as she marched over to Luffy's limp body. Jinbei smiled and laughed at how her mood drastically changed when they brought up Luffy.

"Those two sure are something", Jinbei thought.

"Luffyyyyyyyyy", Yamato knelt on the ground across from Luffy and hovered over his body trying to wake him up.

Luffy's body jerked and he grabbed the straw hat that was covering his vision. He yawned and saw Yamato's face hovering over his with a smile on her face. He didn't even realize the position the two were in was... not something you'd be doing in public.

But since it was these two they didn't even care that Yamato was basically on top of Luffy's body.

"Hey, Yama-o!", Luffy's groggy expression turned into a full smile. This made Yamato smile alongside him.