|Chapter 7| Murder on D Street: Part 2

Warnings: Swearing, Dead body

—————

"Wh-Wh-Wh-What a tradgedgedgedgedy!"

[Name] couldn't help but facepalm. 'Overdramatic ass.' After that, they came to a small realization. 'Right, I haven't turned this off yet.'

|Ability: off|

"What a great tragedy this is!" Dazai yells, crouched before the corpse. "A young lady in her prime has lost her life. Sorrow is crushing my heart!" He ranted, flailing his arms in the air. "She may as well have commited double suicide with me!" The brunet dropped to the floor.

Atsushi sweatdrops at his senior, clearly done with him. Ranpo could only stare, placing a hand on his hip. Meanwhile, the officers' could only look at the brunet with weirded-out and questioning eyes.

"Who the hell is he?" Minoura asks, finally speaking up.

"A colleague at the Agency." Ranpo answers. "That's just how he is." He added, referring to Dazai's concerning actions.

[Name] sighs, fighting the urge to bonk him in the head again.

Dazai continued with his threatrics again. "But rest in peace, m'lady. An extraordinarily amazing detective will avenge you!" He turned around and looked at the raven-haired male. "Right, Ranpo?"

"But I have yet to get the job itself." Ranpo remarked, slightly pouting.

"Eh? Why?" Dazai tilted his head to the side.

[Name] pointed to their left, gesturing to Minoura. "Ask this bozo."

Minoura crossed his arms. "We have no need for detectives. In fact, all of my subordinates are far superior than any private detective." He stated.

"Oh?" With that, Ranpo reached an idea. Smiling, he pointed to the officer behind him. "What's your name?"

'NPC number 1' [Name] thought, looking at the officer.

"Huh?" The NPC was startled, recomposing a bit before answering. "I am Sergeant Sugimoto." He answered, placing a salute. "The victim. Ms. Yamagiwa, was my senior!"

Subtly, [Name] whispered in Ranpo's ear. "I bet it's him, isn't it?" Although they already know that it is him.

He grinned at them, providing no further reaction than that, because he already knows they're correct. "Alright, Sugimoto-kun." Ranpo placed a hand on his shoulder, much to Sugimoto's surprise. "Solve this case in sixty seconds, starting now!"

He pulled away, surprised. "E-Eh???" He began to sweatdrop.

"I can solve it in under a minute." Rapo said, matter-of-factly. "[Nickname] can too. If you're as good as he says you are, then you should be able to do the same." He glanced over to Minoura.

Minoura sneers, confident that Ranpo was bluffing.

"Okay, give it a try Sugimoto-kun."

The officer clutched his head. "Uh, uhmm... Okay, well. Sixty seconds is a bit overkill isn't it?!"

"Fifty seconds left." [Name] hummed, mentally counting down.

"E-Eh?????" He panics. After a while, he finally mutters something out. "Oh, right. Yamagiwa-senpai was pursuing a political corruption case and also investigating the Port Mafia. I believe the murderer's M.O. is similar to the Port Mafia's method of exacting retribution." He cupped his chin with a hand. "Maybe she was killed by the Mafia members when she was investigating–"