|Chapter 10 | The Beauty is Quiet Like a Stone Statue: Part 2

warnings: none for this chapter

—————

Armed Detective Agency Office
A few hours after leaving Tachibana-Dou,

"[Name] do your goddamn reports I swear,"

[Name] frowned, slumping into their desk as no motivation hit them. "I no no wanna," they complained, planning to procrastinate all day long.

A few of the Agency members were in the main office. The entire office was busy, almost everyone was doing something. Kunikida was multitasking everything, currently talking to a clerk while simultaneously scolding [Name].

"I took you here for you to do your paperwork, not to lounge around like a duplicate of that damned bandaged bastard," The blond sighed.

"Skill issue," [Name] continued not doing anything.

Kunikida was so gonna grow gray hair early. "You little–"

|New [Quest] unlocked!|
|Rescue character [Atsushi Nakajima] with character [Kunikida Doppo]!|
|Rewards]: moving on with the plot, +10 [Friendship Points] for all characters in the [Armed Detective Agency]!|
|Penalty: Major setback in the plot, -5 [Friendship Points] for all characters|
|Time-limit: By the end of today|
|This [Quest] is mandatory!|

"Atsushi-kun has been abducted,"

Everyone turned to look at Junichirou, who was informing them of the news.

"The brat? Now of all times..." Kunikida looked down to his open notebook and looked at the cramped schedule.

"Yes," Junichirou sweatdropped.

"The ministry bodyguard job we took already has this Agency turned upside down," Kunikida muttered. "We don't have anyone free to look for him," he turned to Junichirou. "Do you know where he is?"

Junichirou looked down at the notepad, scanning over the details. "According to witnesses, he was attacked in broad daylight and thrown into a nearby truck... I don't know where it went after that."

Kunikida massaged his temple. "That's no good," he grumbles under his breath. "Their smuggling routes are countless. They could take him anywhere without being spotted," he crossed his arms, chin on his hand as he pondered.

"Well, we've gotta help him out or else–"

"Help him? Why?"

Kunikida, Junichirou and [Name] looked at Ranpo, surprised by his sudden remark.

"He was kidnapped for personal reasons, no? His little tiger trick and the bounty on his head," He brought up, pausing to take a bite of a snack. "We aren't his personal security detail, are we? And we didn't bring him in to protect him."

"Erm, but he is a member of us now. We need to bring him back," [Name] replied, speaking up after a while. They had to convince them to get him, Atsushi would be stuck at sea if not.

"Yes, like [Last Name]-san said, he is one of us!" Junichirou agreed, nodding. He hoped they'd go get Atsushi.

"...Ranpo-san is right," Kunikida sighed. "Now is not the time for us to act."

Out of the corner of their eye, [Name] spots Naomi staring at the group, most likely disappointed at their lack of action. [Name] gestures to her to go and do what she's thinking, which is getting the President involved.