Chapter XXIX

"I remember." He whispered as I leaned back.
"What'd you say?"
"I remember everything." I pulled him back to me, sobbing on his shoulder. He held me tighter than he did before. "Thank you for finding me. I can't exist without you." The sound of his cry echoed in my ear. I patted his back and caressed the back of his head.
"You did a good job. Thank you." We sat in an embrace for what seemed like hours until I let go to look at him. I put my hand on his cheek, wiping the tears with my fingers. "Don't cry. Everything's okay. You're not alone anymore."
"I feel like I haven't seen you in months. In this moment, you are my purpose." He smiled and kissed me.

We held each other for the remainder of the night. He played with my hair and wouldn't let me leave the bed.
I tried to stand up. "Where are you going?" He pouted and pulled me closer.
"To shower." I giggled trying to wiggle out of his grasp.
"Stay with me. I've missed you." He put his head in my neck.
"I'll be out in a bit. Wait for me here." I got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom when I noticed he was following me. "Go back to bed. I will be right back."
"Let me sit outside of the door." He smiled.
"Fine. Sit right here." He sat down next to the door as I walked in.

Upon leaving the bathroom, he hugged me from behind. "Can we stay home today?"
"I told Felix I'd be home in the morning." I reached back to pat his head.
"Can I go with?" I turned around to look at him.
"Of course. Get dressed." He rushed into his room throwing on a t-shirt and some shorts.
"Let me drive us there." I nodded in agreement and walked out the door. He held the car door open for me as I got in.
In the car we made small talk. "How long have you remembered me?" He asked.
"A few weeks ago, I got my memories back. I've been looking for you since then." I looked over at him.
"I'm sorry it took me so long. I should've remembered as soon as I saw you." I grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly.
"It's my fault. I should've accepted my fate." For the rest of the ride, we sat in silence.

When I arrived home, Felix was waiting on the porch. "Where have you been?"
"You knew where I was. I texted you." I said as I showed him the text.
"You said you'd be home in the morning." He pointed to the time. "It's noon."
"I'm not a kid. You need to stop treating me like one." I rolled my eyes.
"I get worried!" He whined.
"Yah!" I sighed. "Obviously, I'm okay. I told you where I was even though I shouldn't have to." I said firmly.
"Fine. I'll stop treating you like a kid, but you're still my little sister." We walked inside.

"Are you hungry?" Felix asked taking out pots and pans.
"I'm always hungry." I laughed.
"I can help." Chan whispered in my ear. I smacked his shoulder as Felix turned around.
"Did you say something?"
"No, I didn't say anything." I looked at Chan, giving him the signal to be more quiet.
"You're not hungry anymore?" He put his hand around my shoulder.
"I'm going to set the table!" I swatted his hand and gave him an embarrassed smile.

After setting the table, we all sat down. As we ate, Felix pestered Chan about our relationship. "How long have you known her?"
"It's been a few months. We met in the hospital, remember?" Felix pondered a bit.
"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that. My brains been super fuzzy lately. I remember you now. Why did you stop coming around?" Chan looked at me to answer for him.
"He's been in Korea with family." I smiled. Not only did Chans memory come back, but apparently everyone elses did too.
"I was visiting my dad. It's just me and my mom that live here." He continued eating.
"Ahh, I see. You had been gone for a while, but it's strange because I don't remember it being this long." Felix looked at me. "Has it really been months?"
"I told you he was leaving, remember?" He was puzzled.
"Hmm, I must've forgotten. Well, either way, it's nice to see you again." He smiled.

After lunch, we cleaned up and sat on the couch. Me and Chan sitting together while Felix sat in front of us. "You know, my sister talks about you all the time."
"Felix!" I kicked him.
"Ow, that hurt." I kicked him again. "Okay okay!" He rubbed his knee.
"So you talk about me?" Chan smirked getting closer to me.
"Oh my god." I hid my face in my hands as they laughed.
"She's always talking about you. It's every topic of conversation." He giggled, this time scooting up on the chair so I couldn't kick him.
"I sure missed her when I was away. She never left my thoughts." He looked at me the entire time he said it. I was flustered.

Afterwards, I convinced Chan to stay here with me. I was scared that I'd wake up and find him gone. I didn't like staying at his house. What if I woke up and he was gone? If I stayed here, Felix could comfort me. If I went there, I was all alone. I couldn't shake the thought.
We laid in bed, drifting off to sleep quite fast. I rolled over. "Don't disappear again."
"I'm not going anywhere this time." He caressed my face and fell asleep.

When I woke up, he was standing in front of me, screaming. "Please don't let me disappear!" He cried.
I ran up to him. "You're going to be okay. I'm not going to let anyone take you." I grabbed him. Hugging him tightly.
He slowly started to fade before me and with every breath I yelled. "I love you! Please come back to me!" He was gone. I dropped to my knees and sobbed. "Please, I need you! Come back!" I curled up in a ball until I felt someone tap me.
When I rolled over, Chan was looking at me with worried eyes. I hugged him. "It's okay. I'm right here. You're safe now." He hugged me back.
"You can't leave again. I can't live like this anymore." I cried on his sleeve. "Please, love me forever. I need you."
He pulled me away, wiping my tears. "I'll be with you every step of the way. Don't cry. I'll always be right here with you." I hugged him tighter as he rocked me to sleep.