Chapter XXXI

TW: Vomit.

The next morning, I had a terrible hangover. My eyes squinted as I turned the light on in the room. Chan rolled over, noticing I was gone. He shot up, I turned around to look at him and gave him a quick smile. "Are you feeling okay?" My words were still slurred.
"I feel fine, but you don't look so good." He chuckled, getting up from bed. "Why don't we take a warm bath?" He hugged me.
"Together?" I asked.
"Only if you're comfortable." He kissed my head.
I nodded my head without hesitation.

He ran me a hot bath with bubbles. We got in the tub, him sitting behind me with my back towards him. "Let me wash your hair." I put my head back as he scrubbed my hair. Carefully rinsing it to not get soap in my eyes.
"Let me wash yours." I turned around, giggling the entire time as I tried to be gentle. I rinsed his hair, making sure it was all out. "All done." I smiled.
He turned to face me. "Do you feel any better?"
"The bath is nice, but I don't feel the greatest." I rubbed my stomach.
"I'll make you breakfast as soon as we get out." He caressed my face.

He stood up, getting out of the tub and grabbing a towel. "Come here." He reached for me. "Be careful. Let me help you." He wrapped the towel around me. "Sit right here." I sat on the chair. "Put these on." He helped me get into my clothes.
I sat on the same chair as he got dressed. My stomach was in knots and my face was turning pale. "Chan, I don't feel good." I hunched over. He got down on his knees.
"Are you going to throw up?" He rubbed my back. I nodded my head. "Come here." He helped me sit in front of the toilet. "Let it out." He held my hair up as my body retracted. Once I started, I couldn't stop. "You're okay." He rubbed my back. I was shaking and crying as the vomit kept coming.
I leaned back. "I think I'm okay now."
"Are you sure?" I felt more in my throat as I leaned back over again. "It's okay. Keep going until you feel better." He had his arm around me for comfort.

A few minutes later, I stood up. "Lets get your mouth rinsed." I walked over to the sink, brushing my teeth.
We walked downstairs to be met face to face with Felix who was practically face down on the floor.
"What're you doing?" I walked over to him.
"Nina! My body hurts!" He whined.
"So why are you on the floor?"
"If I stand up, I'll vomit." He muttered.
"I'm going to make you both some soup." Chan smiled, walking over to the kitchen.
"Felix, get up." I drug him off the floor.
"No! Channie! Tell her to leave me alone." He yelled.
"Stop being a baby." I said as I pulled harder.
"Channie!" He whined more.
Chan giggled. "I'm sure he's fine."
"You're supposed to be on my side." I crossed my arms.
"He likes me more." He stuck his tongue out at me.
"If you were feeling well, I'd beat you." I walked over to the couch.

"Soups done, kiddos!" Chan yelled from the kitchen.
I walked over to the table. It smelled so nice. Felix ate slow at first and then stuffed his face. "This is so good!"
"Slow down. You'll make yourself sick." Chan laughed.
"Move in with us!" Felix pleaded.
"Felix!" I snapped at him.
"What? I was just offering."
"You just want him to cook for you." I rolled my eyes, sarcastically.
"I like you so much, brother." He ate some more. "And this soup is so good."
"You're very welcome, Felix." Chan smiled, looking at me.

After lunch, we all decided to go out. Originally, me and Chan had a date set up, but Felix begged to go. I didn't mind. We all had so much fun together and Felix seemed to get along with Chan.
They bonded over everything on our way. I let Felix sit up front because I didn't mind sitting in the back. It gave them time to talk. I really wanted them to like eachother. They were the only two reasons why I got better. They were exactly why I was enjoying living.
When we arrived, me and Chan walked hand in hand on the sidewalk. Felix skipped like a child, shouting "Hurry up!" as he walked faster.

We walked up to the park. It's a weird place for adults to be, but we didn't mind. No one ever really used this park so it was just us.
We had a lot of healing to do. Our childhoods were terrible and this was our way to make up for it.
"Chan!" Felix yelled.
"Yeah?" He put his hand over his eyes to block the sun.
"Come swing!" He patted the seat next to him.
Chan turned to me. "Come over here with me."
"I'll be over in a second. I'm going to go look at the flowers." I smiled. He kissed my head and walked over to Felix.

I watched them swing, almost as if they were competing on who could swing higher. They laughed like kids. Moments like this made me want to live more. I was thankful for the moments they gave me.
As I walked over to the flowers, I watched as they swayed in the wind. They were beautiful. The butterflies landing on them.
I reached down, holding one in my hand. Tracing my fingers over the pedals. I gasped as the flowers started to wilt within my touch. I quickly moved my hand. I went over to the next one, doing the same thing. They all wilted. Chan ran over to me. "Are you okay?" I quickly turned around.
"I'm fine." I hesitated.
He looked at the flowers. "How sad. The flowers have wilted. They're still beautiful even like this." He smiled. I gave him a fake smile. "You coming?" He turned around.
"Yeah." I nodded. I stood there for a second. I was suddenly scared. I feared that it was almost my time.