Chapter XXXVI

The next day, we decided to go see Felix. I hadn't seen him in months and I know how worried he's been.
As I packed my things, Ha-ri knocked on the door before coming in. "I baked you some cookies." She handed me a container. "It's for your trip!"
"Thank you." I hugged her one last time before meeting Chan at the car.
"Have a safe trip!" She screamed and waved as we drove away.
We planned on staying for a few days. I had taken some vacation days from work so I wouldn't miss much.

When we pulled in the driveway, I was overwhelmed with excitement. I felt terrible for what I did, but I was so relieved to finally see him.
I got out of the car, running to the front door. Leaving my bags in the car. "Felix!" I screamed as I ran up to him, hugging him tightly.
"I missed you! Don't ever do that again." He cradled my head, not wanting to let go. "I was worried sick about you."
"I'm fine, I promise." I smiled.
"Tell me all about it. How's your new job?" We sat down at the table as I showed him pictures I had taken while I was there.
"These are my friends Ha-ri and Sam." I swiped through pictures.
Felix smiled as he stared at the picture of me and Ha-ri. "She's very pretty and she looks friendly."
"She made these cookies. She told me it was for my trip!" Felix pulled a cookie out, immediately taking a bite.
"You've got to bring her over. These are so good." He said with a mouthful.

As we sat at the table talking about my adventure, Chan came up to me tapping my shoulder. "Do you want to go somewhere?"
I looked over at Felix and he gave me a nod, telling me he didn't mind. "Okay." I grabbed Chans hand as he walked me out the door.
We walked down the sidewalk, all the way to a park bench. "You running away won't stop this." I was silent. "It has always been my fate."
"I changed my fate so why can't you change yours?"
"In every life, I die for you. I always get too close and then I start loving you." He looked at me. "You've loved me in every life."
"You said this was the first life that I've loved you." I was confused.
"I know what I said, but we always found our way back to each other. There's nothing we can do to change this." He grabbed my hands. "I don't regret dying for you every time. I just regret leaving you every time. Loving you was always worth it." He gave me a kiss before standing up.

As we walked home, I was getting worried that things might not work out between us. He would always be in my life because he was assigned to me, but maybe we shouldn't love each other.
When we got home, I was silent while I sat in my room. There was nothing I could do to stop this. He was always meant to die for me.

I walked downstairs to find that Ha-ri was in the kitchen with Felix. "Ha-ri, what're you doing here?" I hugged her.
"Chan gave me the address before you guys left." She smiled.
"I see you've met Felix." I laughed.
"We've been talking this whole time!" She laughed with me. "Where's Chan?"
"He went home for the night. He needed to pack some of his things." She nodded her head, turning back to Felix.
I walked over to the couch, grabbing my phone. There was a message from Chan. "I'll be back in a bit. There's something I need to do." I turned my phone off and sat down.

Ha-ri and Felix talked for hours. They were getting close, quickly. "Are you guys flirting with each other?" I screamed from the other room.
"No!" They both said in sync.
"That's so gross, get a room!" I turned back to look at the TV. Chan still wasn't back and I was worried something might have happened.
I called him twice, but he never picked up.
"Nina!" I heard Felix yell.
"Yeah?" He ran into the living room, hiding his face in my arm. "What's wrong with you?"
"I just asked her on a date." I shot up, turning the TV off.
"What?" I screamed. "You did not." My eyes widened.
"I want to get to know her more. Please don't be mad."
"How can I be mad?" I squealed with excitement. "This is so exciting. It's your first date!"
"Please help me. I don't know what I'm doing." It felt weird giving him advice considering he was older so the roles were normally reversed.

Night time came and Chan still wasn't back. I was getting worried. Ha-ri had already went home for the night so it was just me and Felix.
I kept calling Chan, desperate to figure this out, but nothing.
Even the next morning, he never came back. There was no calls or messages either. This happened regularly so I had gotten used to it, but it never got any easier.
I woke Felix up in a panic. "What's wrong?"
"I haven't heard from Chan since he left last night. He's not answering me either." I sat on his bed.
"Maybe he's just busy. I wouldn't worry too much." He rubbed my shoulder to comfort me.
"Maybe, but something feels wrong." I put my face in my hands. "Maybe I worry too much."
"I'll go make you something to eat and then we'll talk about it." I nodded my head.

After breakfast, I talked to Felix about everything. I probably sounded like I was crazy. "So he's your guardian angel?"
"I know I sound insane, but it's the truth." I grabbed his hands. "You don't have to believe me, but please try to."
"I would blame this on your sickness, but you've been in your right mind so how can I not." I hugged him. The weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was desperate for someone to listen and Felix always did, even when it didn't make sense.