BONUS II: Chapter XLI

It's been a few years since Chan and I have been married. We now have two little girls. Mavis who is 3 and Yun-so who is 5. Me and Chan have gotten pretty old. I'm now 26 and Chan is now 27.
I never forget to remind him how old he has gotten and we laugh about it like children, just like we used to.
Yun-so was named after Chans mom and Felix named Mavis. Mavis adores Felix and he treats her like his own.
Everything's been well. Ha-ri and Felix got married a few years back and just had a child three years ago. They welcomed a little boy named Desman. Ha-ri picked out the name and Felix loved it.

"Mavis, come help mommy decorate this cake for daddy." I yelled from the other room.
"I'm coming, mommy!" She ran. Her little feet tapped the floor as she jumped next to me. I helped her up on her stool to reach the counter. "Mommy."
"Yes, sweetheart?"
"Why does daddy get a cake?" I cupped her face.
"It's daddies birthday!" I smiled. "Him and Yun-so will be home any minute, we have to hurry." She giggled.
"Is it a surprise?" She twirled her chair.
"Absolutely." I put the icing on.

After we were done, we hung up a banner in the doorway. "Mommy, can I hang this up?" It was a drawing of all of us.
"Of course, love bug!" We hung it up together. "Daddy's going to love it!" I kissed her cheek and tickled her as she giggled.
We heard the key in the door as she ran to hide. "They're here, mommy! You have to hide!" She tugged my sleeve.
I got down behind the counter as they walked in. We jumped out. "Surprise!" We said in sync.
"Did you do this for daddy?" Chan squatted down to her level.
"Me and mommy did! Come look, daddy!" She pulled his arm to show him the drawing.
"It's beautiful, pumpkin!" He picked her up, kissing her cheeks.

"Where's uncle Felix?" Mavis asked me.
"He's on his way. He wouldn't miss spending time with his girl." I pinched her cheeks.
As he walked through the door, Mavis was all smiles. "Uncle Felix!" She ran.
"How's my little princess doing?" He picked her up.
"Me and mommy made daddy a cake." She pointed.
"Oh really?" He walked over. "You did such a good job!" She giggled.

"Mommy!" Yun-so yelled.
"Yes, princess?" I walked over to her.
"Is that you and daddy?" She pointed at our wedding picture.
"Yes, it is." I picked her up. "That's the day me and daddy got married."
"You look silly in it." She laughed.
"Daddy was tickling mommy." I giggled.
"Daddy!"
"Yes, sweetie?" Chan ran over.
"Don't tickle mommy! That's not nice!" He grabbed her from my arms.
He started tickling her. "I'll tickle you instead." She giggled.

"Aunt Ha-ri!" Yun-so tugged on her shirt.
"What is it, baby?" She kneeled down.
"Where's Desman?"
"He's with his grandmother. Do you want uncle Felix to go get him?" She nodded her head and smiled.
"Felix! Can you run and get Desman?"
"Of course." She kissed her head. "I'll be right back!"

When he got back, Desman was holding Felixs' hand. He walked over to me. "Aunt Nina!"
"Oh my goodness! How's my little boy?" I picked him up.
"Where's my kiss?" I kissed his cheek every time he came over.
"This one?" I kissed him all over, causing him to giggle.
"Stop that!" He giggled some more.
"Oh gosh, you've gotten so big!" I walked with him. "Want to see uncle Chan?" He nodded.
"Uncle Channie!" He held his arms out.
"Hi, kiddo!" He grabbed him. "I've missed you so very much!"

As the kids played in the living room, the rest of us made our way to the kitchen to serve dinner.
"I can't believe how big Desman's getting!" I piped up.
"Little man needs to stop growing!" Chan laughed.
"He used to be so little. Ugh, I miss it!" Ha-ri looked at me.
"He's so mean these days! I think he gets it from you." Felix stared at me.
"I am not mean!" I chuckled.
"He acts just like you. I think we made a mini you." They both laughed.

"Come on, guys. Dinner's done!" I yelled from the kitchen.
"Mommy?" Mavis looked at me.
"Yes?"
"When do we get cake?" She kicked her feet.
"After we eat dinner, love bug." I caressed her head.
"How old is daddy?" Yun-so asked.
"Daddy is 28 now." Chan laughed.
"You're getting old!" She giggled and the rest of them did too.
"Oh my gosh daddy. That's a big number." Mavis widened her eyes.

After dinner, we lit the candles. "Okay girls, come sing daddy happy birthday." I lit the last one. "You want to sing too, Desman?" I asked.
"I want to sing for uncle Channie!" He jumped.
As they sang, they were all so giddy. Jumping all over Chan as he adored every second of it.
They giggled as he blew out his candles. "Daddy! I want a piece!" Mavis tried to peek over the counter, but she was too short.
"Daddy will cut you one!" He picked her up with one arm, cutting the cake with the other.

Later that evening, Felix and Ha-ri had went home for the night and the girls fell asleep on me and Chan as we sat on the couch.
"I never thought we would be able to have this back then." I looked up.
"We were so young and everything was so complicated, but we're doing great." He grabbed my hand.
"You're a great dad. We have two beautiful girls to call our own." I laid my head on his shoulder.
"And you're a great mom. I'm happy to share this life with you." He rested his head on mine.
"It will always be you." I smiled.
"Forever." We sat there hand in hand, drifting off to sleep, slowly.