Chapter XXXV

"I knew I'd find you." He smiled at me. My eyes widened. I wanted to speak, but instead tears rolled down my face as I hugged him, tightly.
"I'm so sorry! I don't want you to die. I wanted to love you from afar so you could live." I was sobbing into his chest. "Please, go back home, Channie. You're not safe with me."
"I'm not going anywhere. I will stay right here." He pulled me closer, whispering into my ear. "Don't push me away, please. I'm supposed to protect you." His tears fell on my back.
I pulled away, looking at him. "If you die, I'll never forgive myself. I'll die with you. It's my fate."
"Don't say that." He grabbed my hands. "Whatever happens to me, you keep going. You have to live." I stared at him for a while, not knowing what to say. "Let's go home."
"I can't. I have work." I pulled away.
"Just quit and come home with me." He pulled some more.
"I have friends here." I wiggled out of his grasp. "Let's live here."

As we got in the car, the ride home silent. When we arrived, I called Felix to explain what happened.
We discussed living arrangements and he agreed to move near me.
"This is my apartment." I showed Chan around once we got inside. "It's a little small, but it's not permanent."
"It's okay. I think it's cozy." He kissed my forehead. He walked over to the bed, getting comfortable. "Come here, I missed you so much." I hopped into bed as he buried his face into my neck.
"My friends ask about you all the time." I played with his hair.
"I'd love to meet them." He smiled, instantly falling asleep.

The next morning, I was up before Chan. I was used to getting up early because of work so I let him sleep while I showered.
Today was the day he'd meet Ha-ri and Sam. Ha-ri was sweet, but Sam was super flirty with me. I wasn't sure how Chan was going to react.
After my shower, I went to wake up Chan. It was still early, but Ha-ri loved getting stuff done so she could relax at home in the evenings.
"Chan, get up." I crawled on top of him, kissing his face. "Come on."
He turned over and smiled. "I'm up." He rolled over, pulling me onto his lap. I straddled him. He leaned up, holding himself up with his arms.
"Stop that!" I giggled, getting up.
"Why, princess?" He smirked.
"You have to get dressed, mister. You're meeting my friends."
"You never told me their names." He got up.
"You'll know when we get there." I handed him a shirt.

On our way, he pestered me about their names. If I even mentioned Sam, it'd be enough to make him not want to go so I kept my mouth shut.
When we got there, Chan opened my door for me. We walked into the cafe, I looked around for Ha-ri when I saw her montion to me to come over. I smiled, grabbing Chans hand and dragging him with me. "Nina!" She got up and hugged me.
"Chan this is Ha-ri. Ha-ri this is my boyfriend." He shook her hand.
"She talks about you all the time!" She mentioned.
"It's nice to meet you!" Chan smiled, sitting down next to me.
"Sam will be here in a bit. You know how he's always late." She laughed.
Chan looked over at me, leaning into my ear. "Who's Sam?"
"My other friend I was telling you about." Sam walked in as I motioned him over to us.

He sat down next to Ha-ri. Chan stared him down. "Chan this is Sam. Sam this is my boyfriend." Chan never moved from his spot.
"It's nice to meet you!" Sam held his hand out, but Chan didn't take it. "I'm sorry."
For the next hour, Chan was all over me. "Babe, you're so pretty."
"Babe? Since when do you call me that?" I giggled.
"Since now." He put his hand on my thigh and kissed my cheek.
"So, how long are you going to be in town." Ha-ri spoke up to break the tension.
"I just moved in." He smiled.
"That's great! Bring him more often!"
He was trying to make Sam jealous. "I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick." I got up from my seat.

When I got in there, I messaged Chan. "Bathroom. Now."
When he got in there, he was upset. "Can we leave?"
"What's your problem?"
"He likes you!" He raised his voice. "I'm sorry. I just don't like this."
"I know he does, but I've turned him down already." I caressed his face. "You've got nothing to worry about."
"You're mine." He pinned me against the wall. He leaned into my neck, kissing me. "Looks like I might have to mark you so everyone knows."
My eyes widened. "Chan!" I pushed him, gently. "Not in here." I was getting flustered. "Later, okay?" I kissed him and led him back out to the table.
"Did you guys just get freaky in the bathroom?" Ha-ri put her hand over her mouth.
"Oh my god, no we did not." I laughed.
"Your face is red."
"Shut up." I laughed and kicked her leg.
"You did, didn't you?" She screamed.
"She wouldn't let me." Chan spoke up. I slapped his knee. "Ow!"

On the way home, he was silent. "What'd you think about my friends?"
"Ha-ri is nice, but Sam just rubs me the wrong way." He looked out the window.
"Is it because he's a guy?" I looked over.
"No, it's just, he likes you knowing that you have a boyfriend and I don't think he's going to back off." There was nothing I could do. Sam had never done anything to me and he kept his distance.
When we got home, Chan kept looking at me with pleading eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"You're gorgeous." He stood up, walking towards me. He pinned me against the wall, kissing every inch of my neck. "Am I allowed to keep going?" I nodded my head.
He laid me on the bed, his hands ran all over me. He couldn't focus on one thing. He wanted all of me at once.